Company: The Home for Little Wanderers, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
This position is eligible for relocation assistance!The Home for
Little Wanderers' Cove School at Southeast Campus in Plymouth, MA
is seeking a Culinary Vocational Instructor. Under the direction of
the Vocational Coordinator and Principal, they will collaborate
with the vocational team to plan and implement school-wide
vocational programming; support development of new vocational
programs and initiatives for the school community; provide direct
instruction on specific vocational tracks and curricula, as well as
computer literacy skills, to therapeutic class groupings of special
education students primarily presenting with emotional impairments
and performing at varying academic levels.How You'll Be Making A
DifferenceWhen you join The Home for Little Wanderers/Wediko, you
join a team of professionals dedicated to creating better, brighter
futures for kids.For over 200 years, The Home for Little Wanderers
has helped build stable lives and hopeful tomorrows for vulnerable
children and their families. Our 25+ community-based and
residential programs serve thousands of at-risk youths from birth
to age 26. Many of these children have experienced abuse, neglect,
trauma, or a disrupted family life. As the oldest child welfare
agency in America, we provide them with safe surroundings,
permanent loving relationships, and a secure path toward a better,
- Coordinates with the Principal and Vocational Coordinator in
the development of school-wide and residential vocational program
initiatives, including direction of woodshop/carpentry programs.
Plans and implements new vocational instruction.
- Supports school Work/Study initiatives including the
development and implementation of Individual Vocational Plans and
student portfolios and participating with the vocational team in
the planning, facilitation, and oversight of on- and off-site
internship programs for vocational and residential students.
- Under the direction of the Vocational Coordinator aligns
student vocational plans with student IEP goals, transition
planning, and service delivery.
- Works individually and in groups to help students to learn
subject matter including vocational-specific vocabulary and
application of employability skills. Collaborates with faculty to
connect learning to student intellectual, emotional, and
therapeutic goals. Assesses and evaluates the vocational learning
experiences of students. Provides instruction needed for students
to obtain certifications in the respective fields.
- Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all learning
activities in collaboration with an interdisciplinary teaching
team. Researches and collects educational resource materials.
- Encourages and monitors the progress and development of
individual students and uses information to adjust teaching
strategies. Participates in development and maintenance of
individual student vocation portfolios, including tracking of hours
and certificate completions by students. Provides coaching,
instruction, and mentoring on internship sites.
- Maintains current knowledge of the facility/agency's behavior
management principles, system, and procedures, including
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training. Participates in
application of TCI in the school and vocational environments
including crisis intervention, use of restraints when required,
processing with children during incidents, and teaching and
modeling of social and emotional skills and growth.
- Participates as a member of student/client multi-disciplinary
teams, provides information regarding the child's progress in an
educational setting and receives multi-disciplinary advice and
guidance to facilitate achievement of treatment, behavioral, and
educational goals. Meets and maintain liaison with collaterals as
required and serves as student advocate. Communicates information
about internship placements on a regular basis to guardians and
- Provides monitoring and coverage as needed in the program,
which may include monitoring of meals, halls, and/or chaperoning on
field trips, etc.
- Must hold a valid driver's license; may be required for
transportation of students as assigned.Qualifications
- High School diploma (Bachelors degree preferred) and knowledge
in field of designated assignment or subject (such as vocational
training, computer science, carpentry, etc.) required.
- Previous experience working in education and/or with program
specific population of children highly desirable.
- Massachusetts Educator Licensure (preliminary or higher) or
relevant vocational certification highly preferred.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office with the ability
to learn new software applications.What The Home Can Offer YouIn
addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of
countless youth, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive
salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Generous time off including up to 20 days per year for new
full-time employees, plus 11 holidays, 5 sick days, and 2 personal
- Health and Dental Insurance that is effective immediately upon
- Extensive training to new staff
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,400 per fiscal year
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Employer paid Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance,
plus Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- And more!Valuing DiversityWe are committed to excellence in
diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a
culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we
bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care
to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover,
diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values
and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families
build permanent, positive change.
Keywords: The Home for Little Wanderers, Inc., Plymouth , Vocational Instructor-Carpentry-Woodshop/Full-Time, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!