Credentialed Veterinary Technician
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Veterinary Urgent Care Center is located in Plymouth, MA and has
been serving the community for many years. Our caring veterinarians
provide access to high quality urgent medical care at convenient
hours and at a reasonable cost to pet owners. We are all about
compassion, quality and convenience. No matter the reason for our
client's visit, our team of highly trained veterinarians,
veterinary nurses, and veterinary receptionists are ready to treat
them with the care and compassion that they deserve. We take great
pride in offering the latest advances in veterinary care and are
committed to partnering with our clients to keep our client's pets
healthy and happy. If you are a passionate and caring team player,
please apply today! The Veterinary Technician (Vet Tech) is
responsible for assisting Veterinarians in the care of animals. The
Vet Tech helps during patient examinations and surgical procedures
by restraining animals when necessary, stocking examination and
surgery rooms with supplies, sterilizing tools and ensuring that
equipment is in working order. Vet Techs also communicate with
clients (pet owners) and update patient files. This position may
perform an initial evaluation of the animal's condition, clean and
wrap wounds, check vital statistics, collect samples and administer
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education
per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet's condition and advise
doctor regarding nature of visit, preventative care due and client
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the
veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner
during examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing
knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with
owners per hospital policy.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the
doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet's record and
appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer
vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records
and communicate with clients and teammates.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary -Technology required
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained
thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a
sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a
willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.Ready to help us WAG? -We
live out our WAG Values on a daily basis, but don't just take our
word for it. Check out the video below to hear directly from some
of our teammates on what our WAG Values mean to them.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) - for eligible
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while -tackling
-a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
-among a great team of people!#LVTSJ
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Plymouth , Credentialed Veterinary Technician, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!