Transportation Supervisor - USBL - US
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company:US0056 Sysco Boston, LLCZip Code:02367Minimum Level of
Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1
YearEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage:JOB SUMMARYThis is
an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities
associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not
limited to, management and direction to delivery staff, compliance
with government regulations and safety and security of the delivery
- Supervises the daily work and safety of Delivery Associates,
including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to
planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer
- Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and
federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that
electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as
- Oversees the proper selection utilization of company assets in
support of the Delivery department.
- Organizes required repairs with proper departments as
- Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists
with implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies,
protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety,
DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to
collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or
- Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address
issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering
questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces company policies
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in
training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred
work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior
modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related
duties as needed (and as qualified).QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain
Management or similar major preferred.Experience
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.Certificates,
Licenses, and Registrations
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- HazMat certification preferred.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License meeting Company
standards preferred.Professional Skills
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other
departments, operating companies, and Corporate proactively and
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following
established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and
- Manage the pressures and stress associated with a
deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support
of company policies and procedures on time.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Can write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Exhibit knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing
software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull
up to 350 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.Working ConditionsThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those associate encounters while performing the essential functions
of the job.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating
Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e.
training, business continuation, etc.).
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places.
- Sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of the environment and the level of work being
performed by this job. This job description in no way states or
implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only
tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate
will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform
any other job-related duties requested by his or her
supervisor.Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will
be reviewed and is subject to changes of business
necessity.BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the
months of May, June, July and August 2021 may be eligible for
medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date
of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all
other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits
options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please
visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits
information. *Exceptions/exclusions may applyHOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Plymouth , Transportation Supervisor - USBL - US, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!