Injection Molding Production Manager
Company: Proto Labs, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Production Manager plans, directs, and coordinates
manufacturing operations to achieve Protolabs operating objectives.
Specific duties include:
- Exemplify and promote a culture of Safety at all times. Ensure
all aspects of Safety (training, awareness, PPE's, urgency,
communication, etc.) are given the highest priority.
- Develop and execute sound policies, plans, and procedures,
including but not limited to, the areas of staffing, training,
scheduling, building, inventory planning, purchasing, manufacturing
operations, cost standards, plant safety, equipment maintenance,
and product quality.
- Supervise and develop operations staff, supervisors and
manufacturing technical leads.
- Assess capacity requirements from company plans. Implement
staffing programs as required, setting high standards in
recruiting, attracting and retaining staff. Manage the
manufacturing staff through manufacturing supervisors.
- Monitor workload and backlog ensuring manufacturing resources
are applied properly to support delivery priorities.
- Monitor actual performance against scheduled performance and
seek to overcome any delays.
- Develop and implement manufacturing procedures consistent with
company cost and quality goals.
- Develop and implement quality, safety, and training standards
and procedures consistent with company goals. Improving product
quality is a key aspect of the position.
- Coordinate deployment of information technology for
- Promote Proto Excellence by creating a culture of continuous
improvement. Paramount to this is engaging the employees to be part
of the solutions and not just bystanders of change.
- Recommend capital equipment purchases to support planned
- Manage the planning and control of inventory levels - raw
materials, supplies, and tooling.
- Understand and support cost accounting and job costing
- Work with other company staff to improve the operating and
forecasting tools used for business planning.
- Establish programs and set goals regarding measurement and
improvements of operations for assigned areas. Areas include
quality, timeliness, and cost.
- Use data to create and track key process indicators (KPI's)
which drive our actions and decisions.
- Keep supervisors informed on all significant matters which
he/she and members of his/her staff must know to effectively manage
their areas of accountability.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:--
- Five years of relevant manufacturing and/or operations
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or an engineering
discipline, or equivalent experience Physical Demands: While
performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, use a computer keyboard, monitor and
mouse, telephone and printer. Stand or sit for the entire shift.
Lift up to 50 pounds waist high, carry up to 50 pounds alone.
Essential job duties require reaching, bending, and grasping. Able
to read machine-shop gages and indicators. Indoors (A/C);
nonsmoking; the majority of this job function is performed in a
manufacturing setting requiring normal safety precautions (eye
protection and hearing protection). Occasionally works near moving
mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud. Protolabs maintains ITAR-compliant operations in
all of our United States based facilities. Due to ITAR regulations,
this role is only open to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents
(green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee
status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L,
B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire in this role. Proto
Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Proto Labs, Inc., Plymouth , Injection Molding Production Manager, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!