Company: (IRET) Investors Real Estate Trust
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Service Specialist - Maintenance (Park Place Apartments-
Plymouth, MN) We have a new name! IRET is now Centerspace and we
are hard at work to transition to our new name. Throughout this job
posting you will see references to IRET and Centerspace. We
appreciate your patience while we complete the company name
updates. Competitive PTO--
10 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits - 1st--of Month Following Start
IRET Stock Purchase Plan
401k match up to 5% - Immediately!
Come join our growing team of Service Technicians!-- About IRET:
IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our
corporate support offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in
Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in six states.
From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN, our company continues to grow
throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to
thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier
provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on
integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees.
Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
Expected to follow instructions, understand established procedures
and comply with deadlines. Generally given substantial guidance,
but expected to be self-directed once trained. May need assistance
in prioritizing duties, and setting deadlines. Essential Duties &
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
assigned. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
essential functions. Maintenance:
- Complete minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic
issues to ensure the property is optimally functional, presentable,
- Perform minor and major HVAC maintenance, such as replacing
motors and bearings.
- Change light bulbs, service flush valves, clean mechanical
rooms, and plunge toilets.
- Paint and/or wallpaper assigned areas and perform minor repairs
to applicable areas.
- Demonstrate proficiency and respond appropriately to the
building automation and security (including card access if
applicable), fire, life, and safety systems.
- Select and monitor service providers to ensure services
delivered are the most effective and efficient for the
- Perform general building preventative maintenance to ensure
equipment is safe and effective for use, and down time with
equipment meets or exceeds established specifications.
- Service and monitor the HVAC equipment.
- Maintain the environmental conditions of spaces to ensure the
tenant and common space environments are acceptable for optimum
- Perform preventative maintenance on:
- Doors, locks, and hardware
- Wall treatments
- Provide assistance to the Community Leader to ensure that
tenant improvements are accurate and address concerns with
appropriate contact, such as construction or tenant.
- Monitor and maintain tools.
- Perform assigned duties as prescribed in safety manuals.
- Respond to test situations accurately.
- Maintain sufficient technical and industry contacts and
- Participate in after hours on-call programs.
- Assist outside contractors with major inspections.
- Serve as a key contact between community leaders, operations
managers, general managers, and tenants.
- Apply current knowledge or devise creative solutions to
proactively resolve issues.
- Utilize any tools and/or processes implemented by the
organization to assure adherence to quality standards.
- Participate in capital improvements. Administrative:
- Maintain operating logs and record temperatures, pressures, and
chemical level of heavy equipment such as chillers and
- Complete reports and perform various administrative duties to
positively support completion of activities and projects.
- Maintain accurate levels of inventory related to the building's
mechanical systems to ensure optimum levels of inventory are on
hand and readily accessible when needed.
- Purchase parts and supplies from vendors; review pricing for
competitive rates for parts, services, and supplies.
- Stock items when received. Cleaning:
- Clean up vacant areas.
- Remove debris from the building and grounds.
- Provide backup for Community Porter. Emergency Situations:
- Know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as
dictated by the site emergency procedure manual and the safety
manual to ensure that actions promote the safety and security of
the employees, occupants, and structures, and correct actions are
demonstrated in test situations and actual emergencies.
- Promptly respond to all emergency situations, fire alarms, and
- Study and know the site-specific emergency manual(s).
- Assist tenant and emergency personnel in swift and careful
evacuations when appropriate. Other:
- Communicates regularly with management, vendors, equipment
repair, maintenance, and tenants for day-to-day operational
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives and
identify improvements to, and/or develop new, products, services,
or processes to result in the discovery of more efficient and
effective methods and/or new offerings.
- May assist with groundskeeping duties such as mowing, weed
control, tree/shrub trimming, depending on the property and
- May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and
de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and need.
- Assist and/or back up coworkers. Responsibilities include 60%
property maintenance, 25% community cleaning, 10% customer service,
and 5% business administration. Supervisory Responsibility
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Equipment Issued
If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly
reimbursement or IRET issued phone, according to company policy.
May have access to a shared company vehicle. Eligible for mileage
reimbursement, according to company policy, when no IRET owned
vehicle is available. Travel Required
Some local travel may be required. Education & Experience
- Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Preferred: Previous maintenance experience, trade school
- Certifications and/or Licenses: Have or willing to attain EPA,
CPO, and/or boiler operator's license as required. Knowledge,
Skills, & Abilities
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS
sheets, and procedural manuals. Ability to communicate effectively
with supervisor, tenants and vendors.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide. Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, ratios, circumference, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to efficiently use and navigate on the
internet and use web based timekeeping software. Experience with
work order systems beneficial. Physical Requirements While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is required:
- Constantly (66-100% of the time) - to be on feet, stand, walk;
bend, stoop, squat, kneel; use hands and fingers to grasp, grip,
turn and feel; reach above shoulders, push, pull, lift and carry;
operate equipment and tools; climb stairs and ladders; balance; and
talk and hear or effectively and safely communicate. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus. Lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently (33-66% of the time) - lift and/or move up to 75
pounds, write reports and drive vehicles.
- Occasionally (1-33% of the time) - sit; lift and/or move more
than 75 pounds, although usually with the assistance of another
employee and/or equipment.
Keywords: (IRET) Investors Real Estate Trust, Plymouth , Maintenance Specialist, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!