Receiving Inspector 3
Company: CLEARED CONNECTIONS
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Security Clearance Jobs for Defense and Intelligence Careers
Northrop Grumman is in need of a Source Inspector based out of our
Plymouth, Minnesota location.
- Work in the field, as a Quality Source Inspector, under minimal
or no supervision, with autonomy for independent action and
- Inspects purchased parts and materials for conformity to
standards, specifications, and processing requirements. Inspects
for proper identity and dimensions using such measuring devices as
micrometers, gauges, and calipers.
- Visually inspects for defects or damage such as corrosion,
cracks, dents, scratches, and pits.
- Verifies specifications using purchase orders, blueprints,
drawing or inspection instructions, and checklists.
- Makes pass/fail decisions on inspected goods.
- Effectively communicate deviations and issues with the team,
records the findings and works with team on quality improvement
- Maintains records of results. Inspections may involve compound
angles or three-dimensional projections using inspection equipment
such as microscopes, micrometers, telescope gauges, and other
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least of 5 years' experience in an inspection environment
performing in-process and/or incoming material inspections, or
assembly, machining, mechanical inspection, electrical inspection
or other equivalent experience.
- Ability to interpret engineering and assembly drawings and
specifications, GD&T standards and their application.
- Ability to travel to local/regional suppliers up to 75% of the
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, such as Excel,
- Attention to detail and able to collaborate in a team
- Familiarity working with ERP systems, Document Control
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the
- Ability to make decisions which have impact on the
organization's credibility, operations and services
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with suppliers and internal
team for win-win relationship
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in all written
and verbal contexts
- U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain a U.S.
Department of defense (DoD) government security clearance Preferred
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Science, Engineering or
Technology related field or equivalent a plus
- Experience with inspection of larger electro-mechanical
assemblies as well as electronic assembly and/or electronic
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2015, AS9100 Rev D, AS9102
- Intermediate to advanced Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
- IPC 600/610/620 Specifications and/or Certification Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. How to apply Employer
provided a link where your application will be accepted. Click on
the link below and follow instructions.
Keywords: CLEARED CONNECTIONS, Plymouth , Receiving Inspector 3, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!