Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 6, 2021
All trademark and product names are trademarks of Cantel Medical
Corp., its affiliates and related companies. OLYMPUS--, PENTAX--,
FUJIFILM---, STORZ--, and WOLF-- are trademarks of their respective
owners. Purchase materials, components, goods, and services to
support manufacturing operations. Request quotes and identify
potential sources of supply that meet cost, quality, and delivery
objectives. Actively manage and evaluate supply chain with respect
to supplier performance, seek opportunities that drive continuous
improvement in cost, delivery, and quality. Act as the Cantel
primary point of contact for all issues and activities associated
with materials purchased from suppliers of assigned commodities.
Assume a lead role in supplier sourcing, evaluation, and management
of key products. Analyze market and delivery conditions to
determine present and future material availability.-- #CB What you
- Study market prices and trends, engineering developments and
manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned
- Identify and track market trends in company's industry for
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to
determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory
control, and management.
- Lead overall product strategy development, R&D requirements
and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products as
- Purchase assigned commodities according to ERP system messages,
requisitions and manual form service requisitions / purchase
- Issue purchase orders and change orders for assigned
commodities, ensure that proper internal documentation
(requisitions / approvals) and external documentation
(specifications, drawings) are provided by requestors and to
- Manage the return of discrepant material to supplier for
disposition per the Material Reject
- Record and coordinate with Receiving, Quality and Accounts
Payable in resolving any receiving issues for materials.
- Utilize ERP reports to ensure adequate inventory of purchased
material is maintained in order to meet manufacturing
- Communicate timely and current information regarding material
- Develop, maintain, and recommend suppliers to support
departmental and corporate Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory
- Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, utilize
ERP and other systems to monitor and report on supplier
performance, coordinate and ensure corrective actions are executed
as appropriate. Primary contact with suppliers for assigned
- Secure and analyze quotes; select existing and/or source new
suppliers, negotiate price, payment terms, and lead time with
suppliers to include maintenance of information in appropriate
system databases. Conduct negotiations of supply agreements with
- Ability to identify and define problems/issues, collect data;
establish and draw valid conclusions.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- Occasional travel required to resolve supplier issues and
develop new sources. What we are looking for
- BA or BS degree in supply chain, operations, business, or
related field and/or a minimum of five years purchasing/materials
experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certification through ISM or APICS desirable.
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
system, preferably SAP.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with ISO, FDA, and GMP requirements.
- Initiates and takes a leadership role in programs aimed at
improved quality, delivery, or cost.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, cost drivers, and
market dynamics for assigned commodities.
- Experience negotiating supplier contracts and executing cost
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and works well within
cross-functional team environments.
- Formal and informal leadership skills. IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- This role will be responsible for all planning, purchasing and
supply chain activities for the production of a novel new
technology and will require someone who is capable of operating
with a start-up mentality but as part of a larger company.
- Customer Service Attributes:
- Flexible and able to manage customer expectations by
appropriate prioritization of assigned responsibilities. Sense of
urgency where necessary to support customer needs.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Honesty, integrity and willingness to learn/apply new
- Ability to work cross-functionally and among all levels of
management. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to remain in a stationary position to utilize standard
- Move about office and manufacturing area as necessary.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, calculator, copy
machine, fax machine). Who we are At Cantel, preventing infection
is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention
products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to
delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes
and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our
products through the following operating units: Medical: Endoscopy
procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation
tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants,
detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect
high-level endoscopes. Life Sciences: Water purification systems
for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers,
delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well
as sterilants and filtration products. Dental: Single-use,
infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market
(face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers,
saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and
disinfectants).-- Cantel employees are inspired to improve the
lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are
looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have
the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to
meet you. Join us and see why people love working here. Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Cantel is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as
well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin or other protected class
Cantel maintains a drug-free workplace. Cantel is providing
notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution,
dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or
marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will
result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Plymouth , Senior Buyer, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!