Company: Engineering Systems Inc
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Senior Consultant - Electrical - Minnesota Level Experienced Job
Location Minnesota - Plymouth, MN Position Type Full Time 4 Year
Degree Travel Percentage Up to 50% Job Category Engineering
Description This position is responsible for inspecting and
documenting fire and explosion scenes, electrical shock and
electrocution incidents, arc flash, equipment failures, and
examining evidence. Incumbent will prepare technical reports for
clients, marketing company and self to obtain and/or maintain
client base and to build business. Plans, manages and coordinates
activities for client projects to ensure that goals/objectives of
projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframe and funding
parameters by performing the following duties personally or with
the assistance of other consulting/engineering staff. Key
- Prepares and reviews project proposals or plans to determine
time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing
project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available
resources to various phases of project.
- Makes determination to accept or decline potential new projects
based on all variables.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign
duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to
ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed
- Performs field inspections of residential, commercial, marine,
transportation and industrial structures, etc. to determine cause
and origin of reported or suspected damages as well as condition
- Prepares technical, project-related reports for clients as
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and
to resolve problems.
- Conducts well-developed and well-prepared client presentations
and technical conference presentations.
- Perform marketing and business development to identify
potential clients and strategies to build client base.
- Mentors junior consultants in growth and development.
- Testifies in court proceedings (depositions and/or trials) on
behalf of clients, as required. Qualifications Education
- BS Electrical Engineer required; MS or Ph.D. preferred
- 5-10 years' experience in forensic consulting working with
insurance companies and law firms.
- Strong grasp of electrical theory and extensive experience in
electrical system analysis investigating electrical equipment
failures and/or fires with a significant amount of experience in
field investigative issues.
- Experience can range from large scale electrical power
generation and distribution equipment, to low voltage DC systems,
and covers such areas as industrial machines and equipment, HVAC
equipment, motors, consumer electronics, appliances, tools, medical
devices and all types of transportation elements ranging from
commercial/industrial and passenger vehicles, to elevators and
other people/product movers. Some areas of expertise should include
- Power Systems
- Overcurrent Protection
- Safety Interlocks
- Fire and Explosion Investigation
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Electrical Fires Cause Analysis
- Electrical Shock/Electrocution
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Electric Safety, Guarding and Labeling Issues
- Analog and Digital Controls
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner and
develop business both internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both
orally and in writing.
- Experience preparing technical reports and providing expert
testimony as required. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- PE License Required; CFEI or CFI Certification preferred.
- Microsoft Office Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk and sit for long periods of time. Able to
climb ladders. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Must be able to work outdoors in hot/cold weather
conditions. It is the policy of ESI, as an equal opportunity
employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals
available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or
veteran status. ESI is committed to recruiting, hiring, and
promoting people with disabilities, as well as veterans. If you
need assistance with completing the electronic application, please
e-mail your request to email@example.com Apply Now First Name *
Last Name * Email * Phone * Attach Resume * By selecting "Submit",
Keywords: Engineering Systems Inc, Plymouth , Senior Consultant, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!