Senior Consultant - Aviation - Plymouth
Company: Engineering Systems Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Aeronautical Engineer with extensive aircraft accident
investigation experience in aircraft systems, performance and
aviation operations to work with engineering teams investigating
aircraft accidents in the context of litigation. Responsibilities
include performing, coordinating and managing aspects of accident
investigations under the direction of other engineers while
building a consulting client base of their own. Key
- Perform engineering analyses, calculations and research
including analysis of aircraft performance from data sources such
as radar data, flight data recorders and GPS.
- Analyze performance of aircraft systems, both mechanical and
avionics (such as autopilots and primary flight displays), as part
of an overall accident reconstruction.
- Conduct and direct laboratory examinations, field
investigations and wreckage inspections as needed.
- Execute tests and analysis in support of scientific
investigations and experiments.
- Analyze failures of aircraft components and/or systems.
- Experience with Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) including
operations, systems and batteries preferred.
- Work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Prepare technical reports and provide expert testimony as
- Create well-developed and well-prepared client
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in
- Work with clients to assess their objectives, document analysis
findings in reports and make presentations to clients
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and
to resolve problems.
- Collaborate with project staff to outline work plan and to
assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate project activities and personnel to
ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed
- Work with Business Development to identify potential clients
and strategies to build client base.
- Remain active in the relevant technical community by
participating on committees and/or writing and presenting
- Availability for travel locally and nationally for inspections,
client meetings, conferences, etc. as needed. Qualifications
- B.S. or higher in Aeronautical Engineering Experience
- Five to ten years work (and/or equivalent academic experience)
in industry or--consulting position.--
- Authoring of high-quality technical reports and/or
- Preferred experience in consulting industry.
- Experience providing expert testimony is highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Aircraft piloting experience is preferred but not
- Drone piloting experience preferred but not required.
- Registered professional engineer (P.E.) or possess the ability
to become a registered P.E. Computer Skills:
- Full competency in Office productivity software, advanced
skills in technical computing environments.
- Familiarity with Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel. Physical Demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.--While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. It is the policy of ESI, as an equal opportunity
employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals
available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or
veteran status. ESI is committed to recruiting, hiring, and
promoting people with disabilities, as well as veterans. If you
need assistance with completing the electronic application, please
email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Apply Now Legal First
Name * Legal Last Name * Email * Phone * Attach Resume * By
Keywords: Engineering Systems Inc, Plymouth , Senior Consultant - Aviation - Plymouth, Professions , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!