Medical Assistant- Radiology
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth
Posted on: November 23, 2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives. Job Type:
Regular Scheduled Hours: 40 Work Shift: Day (United States of
America) 40hpw; Monday- Friday Job Description:
- Under the direction of the registered nurse and physician,
delivers clinical assistance to patients within the outpatient
- Reviews and prepares medical record prior to clinic start and
completes Chart Prep Checklist
- Obtains written order, authorization, referral and medical
- Obtains current history and physical (within 30 days),
laboratory bloodwork, past medical hx progress notes, anticoagulant
- Review allergies with patient
- Assists patient in completing contrast questionnaire
- Collates all paperwork, including but not limited to Universal
Protocol paperwork, consents, previous testing results,
- Other necessary information
- Makes pre and post procedure/follow up calls to patient.
- May escorts patients into the exam area and Prepares patient
for the physical exam or procedure. Cleans and prepares exam room
in preparation for each visit.
- Maintains optimal flow of patients for efficiency of
- Takes and records routine vital signs, heights, weights, heart
rate, and oximetry. Obtains and documents limited patient history
and present symptoms. May be responsible for patient monitoring and
other patient care,
- Interviews the patient to document and verify medication list
and medication reconciliation.
- Assists the physician/provider with treatment and procedures as
- Send patient orders as prescribed for scheduling test and
- Ensures accurate coding for visits and procedures performed,
including entering charges.
- Assists nursing staff in the treatment rooms as directed. May
be required to perform direct patient care, i.e., assist with
physical care, vital signs, patient monitoring, specimen
- Carries out other tasks as directed by the Clinical Leader,
Charge Nurse, or Director.
- Assists in data entry and performs billing reconciliation.
- Organize, store and refill medical supplies in exam/treatment
- Maintain, and adhere to all Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital,
OSHA, CLIA, and government regulations.
- Transports patients to other settings as directed.
- Assists r with telephone management, visitor assistance,
- Assists in scheduling patient appointments in unit and with
other departments or physicians.
- Copies appropriate records and distribute them.
- Files records as directed. Is the contact person for medical
record and insures records are delivered to medical records as
- Performs all tasks in accordance with hospital policies and
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment
throughout the unit. It is understood that this is a summary of key
job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may
reasonably be required. Experience/Knowledge/Skills Required
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Ability to organize.
- Knowledge of computer programs, systems.
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal and written.
- 1-2 years' experience in a medical setting. Education Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Medical Assistant certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS required FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do
everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our
colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires
that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19
as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors,
technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a
difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make
us even stronger. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, Plymouth , Medical Assistant- Radiology, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!