CT/mr Tech Aide
Company: Beth Israel Lahey Health
Posted on: November 20, 2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives.
Day (United States of America)
40hpw; day/evening shift; Rotating weekends and holidays
Job Summary: Reporting to the Department Manager, DI Associate is
responsible for assisting technologists in exam rooms according to
departmental protocols. The DI Associate performs a wide variety of
technical, clerical and patient care duties that provide assistance
for patients, radiologists, technologists and nurses.
* Provides clerical support including: answering phones, utilizing
the Voalte system, printing requests in Meditech, assigning
patients to transport in transport system, identifying patients per
hospital policy, greeting patients, (essential)
* Provides support to the technologist, which may include
pre-screening of patients, scanning paperwork into system, sending
images to VRad or other remote destination and, faxing results to
concerns to appropriate staff and through the hospital's event
reporting system. Monitors patients in the exam rooms or holding
areas when needed. Observes patient's condition and reports any
sudden change to a technologist, nurse, or physician.
* Transports patients to and from the department when transport is
not available. Notifies technologists of any delays that may affect
operational work flow.
* Assists with patient transfers to and from exam tables and may
assist the technologist with positioning the patient for the exam.
* Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of working area, stretchers
and wheelchairs. Provides daily room supply checks and inventory
counts in accordance with the department's inventory procedure.
Will keep order list updated throughout the week.(essential)
* Provides patient care such as: assists with a bedpan, or
bathroom; alerts nursing or technologists when I.V. pumps alarm;
assists patients with dressing and undressing when required for
* Performs disinfection of equipment, including but not limited to
table, gantry, injector after each patient. (essential).
* Uses appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) per hospital
policy throughout the shift. Follows handwashing and infection
prevention polices. (essential)
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and
does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be
* High School diploma or GED required.
* American Heart Association BLS Required
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic
level within web-based applications.
* Previous patient care experience preferred
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do
everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our
colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires
that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19
as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Beth Israel Lahey Health, Plymouth , CT/mr Tech Aide, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!