Clinical Social Worker LICSW
Company: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2022
* Assists patients and families to adjust to illness and
lifestyle changes related to illness and hospitalization.
* Completes a comprehensive assessment of patient and family
members to obtain information about psychosocial issues including
the home. environment, family relationships, mental health history,
substance abuse history, economic and cultural needs. Completes a
risk assessment and interventions for at risk populations such as
children, elderly, disabled, victims of abuse and neglect, domestic
* Conducts clinical assessments of patients presenting with
emotional, mental health and substance abuse issues and coordinates
with internal and external providers for care and safe discharge
planning once the appropriate disposition is identified.
* Uses information obtained to work with the treatment team to
create a discharge plan that incorporates the psychosocial needs of
* Assists patients and families to understand, accept, and follow
* Utilizes resources to assist patient to resume life in the
community or to next level of care.
* Assists patient and family in understanding and negotiating with
third party payers as well as other community services.
* Assists in patient care planning to ensure continuation of
treatment in an atmosphere conducive to preservation of health.
* Evaluates the ongoing medical and psychosocial needs in order to
set up appropriate community services.
* Evaluates data gathered in terms of the medical plan of
treatment, available social service programs and plans a pertinent
psychosocial treatment program that will provide maximum benefit
for each patient.
* Maintains communication and collaboration with all members of the
health care team including the emergency department psychiatric
team and collateral community resources.
* Assists patient/family in the procurement of essential services
and equipment to allow optimum and safe function at home.
* Assists patient/family in the decision making process leading to
the selection of and placement in an appropriate long term care
* Provides emotional support to patients and families who are
coping with illness and loss.
* Performs a variety of services such as advising on social
problems, advocacy, crisis intervention, supportive counseling and
a variety of other therapeutic interventions to assist the case
manager in arranging for discharge or post-operative care at home
or in institutions, helping to alleviate level of anxiety and
* Provides information and referral for continuing care and crisis
* Brings voluntary community based services into play as
appropriate to patient and family needs.
* Functions as a liaison on behalf of patients with appropriate
* Evaluates the appropriateness of community services and develop
plans to meet patient needs.
* Works cooperatively with co-workers and communicates effectively
with departmental staff; other departmental personnel and health
care facilities; physicians, patients and visitors.
* Acts in accordance with professional ethics and within
departmental policy and procedure.
* Functions within the professional Social Work Code of Ethics.
* Is available to all clinical areas for social work services as
needed and assigned.
* Prepares and updates records for each patient, documenting as per
* Ability to navigate Electronic Health Systems.
* Observes all safety, infection and environmental control
* Functions in such a way as to meet departmental quality assurance
* Attends and actively participates in meetings and serves on
committees as requested.
5. Performs other work related duties as requested/directed.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family
members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that
reflects Cape Cod Hospital's commitment to CARES: compassion,
accountability, respect, excellence and service.
* Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) and State licensure
* CPI (Crisis Prevention) within 1 month of new position and must
* Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
* Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills demonstrated by a
positive attitude, pleasant, professional and cooperative demeanor,
with patients, physicians and fellow employees.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast pace
* Ability to work productively in a stressful environment and
effectively handle multiple consults and changing priorities.
* Proficient computer skills.
* Acute care hospital social work experience preferred.
Keywords: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc., Plymouth , Clinical Social Worker LICSW, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!