Emergency Department Coordinator
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth
Posted on: September 21, 2022
- Maintenance of E.D. medical record, including review for
completeness, entering charges, departing chart and distributing,
entering data into computer, assembling files and performing
discharge analysis of records.
- Unit receptionist responsibilities: maintain telephone log,
greet and assist visitors, specimen delivery, mail distribution and
booking of elective procedures.
- Responsible for all clerical duties in the E.D.
- Responsible for transcription of and entering of physician
orders via computer; transcription of medication orders.
- Maintaining proper inventory of office supplies, forms and
equipment, including ordering and restocking for the
- Assembly of charts, admission packets and other assigned
- Review documentation for accuracy, including charging for
services and verifying with caregivers, as required; entering
charges or revisions into the computer system.
- Using proper etiquette and speed, answers multiple telephones,
interacting professionally with caller to meet callers' needs.
- Documents workflow accurately and efficiently, including
maintenance of logs and other statistical databases.
- Coordinate the securing of ambulances, helicopter transport and
other transportation services by relaying complete and accurate
information in a timely fashion; follows through as need to ensure
- Respond to clinical and support directives to make calls,
secure resources, transport specimens and other items.
- Assist Patient Access Representative, when needed, so patient
is effectively registered.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and
does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be
- Apply critical thinking skills while working independently;
ability to remain calm, focused and efficient in a high stress
critical care environment.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an organized environment.
- Demonstrated computer ability; knowledge of Meditech order
entry, charge and order screens.
- Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain quick pace as part of
regular routine while maintaining positive, enthusiastic attitude
and relationships with others.
- Ability to type at 35 WPM.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, Plymouth , Emergency Department Coordinator, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!