Residential Services Coordinator Lead
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
The Residential Services Coordinator Lead (RSCL) is an entry-level
position that provides direct care to a specific patient population
under the direction and supervision of personnel delivering
treatment to the patient population at the facility. RSCL's are
responsible for providing non-supervisory leadership and guidance
to RSC's in order to ensure the Key Job Responsibilities listed
below are performed in the appropriate manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Prior work experience with psychiatric patients in a hospital
or secure mental health setting preferred, with a focus on patient
- Must be willing to participate in extensive, ongoing training
regarding serious mental illness, de-escalation and intervention
techniques, core strategies, patient safety and trauma-informed
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of a wide range of
safety assignments throughout the facility as assigned. Provides
non-supervisory leadership and guidance to RSC's also performing
these duties and responsibilities.
- Actively engages with patients in monitoring the environment
and well-being of all.
- Attends and contributes to treatment plans by providing input
into the goals and objectives developed by the treatment
- Works with the treatment team to institute individual
de-escalation strategies and safety
- Observes patients and provides de-escalation and redirection
- Performs regular rounds and wellness checks
- Controls ingress and egress points for staff and patients
- Monitors patient climate
- Writes reports pertaining to a variety of subject matters
- Monitors medication distribution
- Works in a model in which the patient is verbally guided and
kept apprised of changes to routine, environment,
- Provides supportive oversight of patients during off-site
activities including medical visits, court trips and external
- Monitors and tracks environmental concerns through inspection
of equipment, systems and physical structures to ensure a safe
environment for all
- Interacts with the public when required
- Follows policies and
- Provides emergency responses, along with clinical and medical
members of the treatment team, to address patient safety, which may
include calming patients' disruptive and/or violent behaviors or
threats of self-harm.
- Employs use of verbal de-escalation techniques to modify or
control patients' disruptive behaviors rather than physical force
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Plymouth , Residential Services Coordinator Lead, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!