Posted on: October 2, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Activity Therapist provides individual and group activities
that facilitate recovery.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in activity therapy, therapeutic
recreation, or related field.
- Experience providing services to a mentally ill population
- Provides a program of activities for patients to include, but
not limited to the following:
- Skills Groups: Individual or group activities that promote the
development of skills, promote the ability to interact in a group
setting, and provide the patient with self-esteem through a sense
- Socialization Groups: Opportunity to participate in group
recreational activities to promote social skill.
- Community Meeting: To encourage patient participation and
active involvement in group problem solving.
- Education/Recreational groups (e.g., "Life Skills", "Current
Events", "Crafts"): Engagement in unstructured recreational
activities (e.g., board games). Engagement of patient in
conversation to promote interpersonal communication. Opportunity
for individual and group physical exercise activities.
- Monitors and documents patients' involvement in activities to
include program involvement, condition, and need for individual
activities for patients unable to cope with the group
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Plymouth , Activity Therapist, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!