Sr Assoc Data Science Dir
Company: IQVIA Argentina
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Primary Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States
Additonal Locations: Plymouth Meeting, PA Full time R1196414 Date
Posted: 04/02/2021 This crucial role involves identifying
opportunities for better data modelling, abstraction, testing,
internal tooling, and other software development practices that
will help our team maximize our efficiency in data science
projects. You will have the opportunity to provide technical
leadership and mentorship to the team, and to set the standards for
code quality and architecture for the projects you work on. You
will also serve as a key liaison for our team with production
developers. Essential Functions
- Collaborating with data scientists to turn working prototypes
into well-abstracted, reusable modules for iterative development of
data science projects.
- Providing technical leadership and assisting the team on
execution of technical tasks centered on delivery of analytics
- Identifying opportunities for improvements to internal
processes regarding model development, including internal data
pipelines and modelling frameworks that will facilitate advanced
- Being involved in every stage of the data product development
life cycle; from coordinating initial requirements with business
owners, through development with subject matter experts and data
scientists, to production deployments with developers.
- Overseeing multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Comprehensive testing of your own code.
- Production deployments of advanced analytics. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree om STEM field such as Computer Science,
Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics
- 5+ years of object oriented programming experience in a high
level language like Python, java, scala
- 3+ years of relevant collaborative software development
- Extensive experience with dynamic scripting languages such as
Python and R.
- Extensive experience work in Hadoop eco system like YARN, Hive,
Impala, Map Reduce,
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data,
preferably in distributed frameworks such as Spark, SparkR and
- Strong familiarity with data science concepts and modeling
- Strong SQL or Hive skills.
- Local language skills to an advanced level (spoken and
written), with complete fluency in English.
- Supports Rx Offerings which generate over $180m annually
- Ownership of proactive monitoring, QC and procedures to
maintain stable and accurate data trends
- Developing and using a variety of data analysis methods, on
multiple platforms, and use of various data tools, to build and
implement efficient techniques, QC reports, or research new
- Interact extensively with team members to direct and report
progress and meet critical deadlines
- Conduct statistical programming, develop and apply statistical
QC and summarization to meet internal information needs
- Conduct data reviews to derive conclusions from the analysis,
write up results and deliver regular summary reports for core
- Act as a team leader in moving to a Big Data environment -
learn and teach others, rewrite code involving SAS, SQL, Python, R
or other languages as needed.--
- Identify opportunities and participate in activities related to
personal development. At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the
boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest
impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world.
The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research
services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible
by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight,
curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn
more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Disabled IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations
for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable
accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise
participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's
Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange
for such an accommodation.
Keywords: IQVIA Argentina, Plymouth , Sr Assoc Data Science Dir, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!