Company: Gandara Center
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Volunteer/Peer Coordinator We're looking for a Peer Volunteer
Coordinator to join to Recovery Support Center. The Peer Volunteer
Coordinator will support in a peer to peer setting model to
members/volunteers in recovery from substance use disorder. The
recovery support center is encompassed in peer governance and uses
the peer participatory process to create a safe, inclusive
environment to promote ongoing growth and long term recovery.
- Manage all aspects of volunteers at the Plymouth Recovery
Center program including orientation and trainings to educate the
- Work closely with Outreach Coordinator to connect recovery
community members with Plymouth Recovery Center volunteer
- Coordinate schedule with volunteer's availability.
- Volunteer recruitment.
- Provide Support to Advisory's Board.
- Oversee center activities and social events.
- Keep all required documentation up to date.
- Participate in an on-going collaboration with other programs
providing educational, employment and medical support to people in
- Participate in workshops related to wellness and recovery
- Participate in on-site and off-site meetings.
- Perform and plan outreach to local agencies
- Conduct Presentations at others agencies.
- Participate in data collection for reporting and evaluation
- Submit all necessary statistics/reports to supervisor and
funders as requested.
- Familiar with social networking sites.
- Must work closely with Program Director.
- Computer literate.
- Additional duties as needed.
Required Skills Qualifications:
- Must be familiar with the peer to peer model including
knowledge in the field of substance abuse/peer to peer support, and
possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be familiar with the local recovery community within the south
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cape Verdean Creole, or Portuguese
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation
- Experience in program planning and coordination preferred.
Travel Requirements: Statewide travel is required for meetings,
trainings and conferences. Occasionally there may be trips to other
New England states for annual conferences or trainings. Benefits
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 12 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year The Gandara Mental Health Center
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training. Gndara Center provides residential,
mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for
children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern
parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value
cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent,
innovative services to a diverse communityMassLive.com. Keywords:
Volunteer Coordinator, Location: Plymouth, MA - 02361
Keywords: Gandara Center, Plymouth , Volunteer/Peer Coordinator, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!