Customer Support Representative
Company: Pelican Products, Inc
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Search by Location (City, State, Country) We Build Careers as
Strong as Our Products Pelican BioThermal--is a global leader in
providing the life sciences industry with the most comprehensive
suite of patented and award-winning thermal protection packaging
solutions for the safe transport of pharmaceuticals, clinical
trials, diagnostics, tissue, vaccines and blood supplies. Our
specialized design, engineering and lab testing services ensure
clients are fitted with cold chain performance solutions that best
fit their purpose and Pelican BioThermal's Credo ProEnvision
track-and-trace software, which allows clients to monitor
temperature controlled packaging inventories throughout the entire
end-to-end distribution cycle, ensures clients meet increasing
global regulatory demands, manage challenging shipping lanes and
unforeseen delays while reliably and confidently tracking critical,
high-value payloads around the world. Pelican BioThermal has seen
phenomenal growth in recent years and 2021 is expected to bring
continued success and rapid growth as we expand our service
offerings around the globe. We are looking for a highly motivated
Customer Support Representative to join our sales team. This role
is a vital link to our customer base and internal departments. The
primary responsibilities will be to manage new account set ups and
the sales order management process as well as the communication of
customer order status and delivery dates. This position will be
responsible for ensuring strong customer relationships are built
and maintained by offering a 'world class' level of customer
service. Pelican provides a very competitive compensation and
benefits package with opportunities for personal and professional
growth. Get in on the ground floor with Pelican during these very
exciting times of rapid growth, new products, and new markets!
Specifics of the position and qualifications are listed below:
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Create customer accounts, process credit approvals, and
complete customers' supplier qualification forms.
- Maintain the sales order management process and communicates
with operations and customers in relation to their orders.
- Coordinate the entire order process, processing customer orders
and being responsible for all customer communication in relation to
their orders. Maintains electronic file records for
- Create order acknowledgements and confirm delivery dates with
customers and updates SAP as needed. Communicate Advanced Shipping
Notification (ASN) to customer.
- Coordinate with internal and external sales team and other
operational departments to ensure customer expectations are set and
- Create sales orders and manual debit and credit notes as
- Assist in the return merchandise authorization (RMA)
- Respond promptly and positively to all incoming customer
service department calls and emails.
- Support intercompany orders and warranty claims.
- Attend regular weekly production meetings to support/manage
- Responsible for customer concerns and complaints, including but
not limited to recording, and responding to all issues raised by
the customer and making decisions in relation to corrective and
preventative actions. Troubleshoots problems and relays concerns to
cross functional colleagues and manager.
- Ensure customer information is recorded correctly and customer
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the
Employee Handbook, AWAIR and/or applicable employment agreement.
Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the
- Perform other administrative duties and support the customer
service and sales departments as needed. Job requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent specific experience in a
customer service role.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing or packaging
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications such as
Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience using electronic order processing
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Requires exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have strong problem solving, documentation, research and
- Must have the ability to handle sensitive information with
discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks
independently under minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and negotiation
- Must be able to interact effectively and diplomatically with
all company employees and be responsive to the requirements of
department members and other departments with whom interaction is
- Must be helpful and polite and with a strong team work
- Customer focused, with a pro-active approach towards meeting
customer expectations. Preferred qualifications:
- Previous work experience in sales support.
- Knowledge and experience using SAP. Additional information:
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican's objectives,
guidelines and commitment to quality and safety, with an emphasis
on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with
employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the
timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be
able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment. Physical
requirements and working conditions: While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently required to execute regular
physical activities within the company areas (i.e. standing,
walking, and sitting). Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up
to 15 pounds. This position requires prolonged sitting, computer
and phone usage, and repetitive movements with hands and wrists.
#CB Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.-- All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender
identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Engineer, ERP, SAP,
Customer Service, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: Pelican Products, Inc, Plymouth , Customer Support Representative, Other , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!