Director, Business Development - Technology Sales
Company: WiTH Collective
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Explore open positions below, or click to learn about life at
WCG. Director/Sr. Director, Business Development - Technology Sales
(Remote) General Information Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA Job
Type: Full Time - Regular Description and Requirements BACKGROUND:
WCG Safety Technology is the market leading solution helping to
protect patients, reduce the cost of clinical trials, ensure
compliance with global regulations, and eliminate headaches for
investigators. In the past four years, WCG Safety Tech has more
than quadrupled in size and includes referenceable customers such
as 3 of the top 10 biopharmaceutical companies, 2 of the top 6
CROs, and many others who are thrilled with WCG's ability to
transform the way they perform global safety reporting activities.
WCG's solutions are unparalleled and backed by teams who
consistently outperform customer expectations. JOB SUMMARY:As a
member of the Business Development team, this position will
identify, qualify and close business opportunities within the
pharmaceutical and biotechnology clinical trial space.The ideal
candidate is experienced at growing sales at a clinical trial
software business across small, medium, and large biopharma
companies and excels at gaining excellent at growing new accounts.
This candidate will target pre-identified accounts to help increase
divisional services' market share. The candidate will work closely
with colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction from discovery
calls through the final close-out report and acts as the account
manager for each project awarded. Performance Measures include
Quota Achievement, teamwork, and financial budgeting forecasts.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree required; advanced
degree/MBA preferred QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales in the
clinical trial area.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical trials and clinical
- Demonstrated track record of success in closed business
metrics. Demonstrated track record of consistent selling success
- Understanding of financial concepts.
- Experience with senior members of target client
- Ability to use market research and sales data to present
opportunities to stakeholders; ability to quickly understand what
makes commercial sense to pursue and what could potentially cost
more to explore than it could ever bring in.
- In-depth understanding of the wider market; ability to
determine if new, realistic, attainable and profitable
opportunities are to be proposed and developed.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including
strong presentation development and delivery skills.
- Ability to obtain support from senior management, marketing,
finance and product or service teams; Ability to coordinate with
account managers and operations teams whose traditional priorities
and focus lie elsewhere.
- Ability to successfully collaborate within a team
- Able to learn your business services and products; learn about
your competition as well to leverage what you'll need to surpass
them; conduct the necessary market analysis needed to identify the
company--s current position and what competitive advantage the
company has over the similar businesses in the sector.
- High competency working with Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty and
responsibility satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Create and manage a business plan consistent with the overall
corporate strategic plan that includes prospecting, promoting and
developing key strategies for obtaining quota objectives.
- Expertly present divisional service offerings and persuasively
present benefits and value proposition from both a business process
and ROI perspective.
- Actively participate in quarterly sales meetings, training
programs, and all requested marketing activities.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape
(solutions) and be able to describe divisional positioning.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the medical device
- Coordinate necessary resources to successfully sell our
- Actively maintain prospect-specific sales activity and pipeline
- Develop new selling techniques as needed to stay ahead of the
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion,
be unrelated to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the
position. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Up to 50% WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer -
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry,
religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
marital status, disability, genetic information, citizenship,
veteran status, reprisal or any other legally recognized basis or
status protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: WiTH Collective, Plymouth , Director, Business Development - Technology Sales, IT / Software / Systems , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!