Site Medical Director Hourly
Company: Correct Care Solutions, LLC
Posted on: October 27, 2018
Correctional Medicine opening in Plymouth, Massachusetts. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Our Medical Director is responsible for the clinical elements of the entire program, including professional duties, and provides direct care to patients and consultation to professional staffEducation:
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical School. Successful completion of a Post-graduate training program in a Primary Care discipline (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, etc.).Experience:
- Seven (7) years professional experience providing primary care with two (2) years at the administrative clinical level, assistant director or its equivalent.Licenses/Certifications:
- Active and unencumbered license to practice medicine in Massachusetts.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Surgery, Preventive Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards and policies and procedures for admission, transfer, and utilization review process.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in evidence-based practices germane to his/her clinical specialty and general familiarity with current medical practices germane to the program.
- Supervises the continuous quality improvement program, including patient grievances, sanitation, infection control, utilization management, pharmacy and therapeutics and assists in development of appropriate criteria.
- Serves as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee making recommendations to improve patient outcomes.
- Reviews and approves the treatment protocols and clinical policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison with health care providers in the community.
- Works with the Health Services Administrator to identify problems and to recommend solutions to improve patient outcomes.
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to monitor pharmacy services including formulary compliance, prescribing patterns and dispensing of medication.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: Correct Care Solutions, LLC, Plymouth , Site Medical Director Hourly, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!