RN-Team Leader- Birthplace (36/D/E)
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Posted on: May 24, 2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives.
Day (United States of America)
36hpw; 7a-7:30p, rotating weekends and holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Team Leader includes but
is not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates clinical expertise through excellent assessment of
physical, mental, and psychological status of patients using
age-appropriate knowledge to ensure care standards are met for the
- Plans, evaluates and supervises care for all patients and
others as assigned utilizing Core Values in the areas of service,
team work, communication, respect for others and time/ priority
- Consistently models effective interpersonal and leadership
skills necessary to promote effective collaborative working
relationships with all members of the healthcare team to provide
excellent service to patients served.
- Assists manager with daily operation of the unit to accomplish
- Coordinates and participates in formal and informal educational
programs, in-services and performance improvement activities to
improve technical skills within and outside of specialty area.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates leadership in patient management which may include
real time service recovery
- Demonstrates skills necessary to assist with augmentation,
development, and implementation of policies and procedures based
upon evidence based best practices and specialty standards.
- Collaborates and demonstrates interpersonal leadership skills
with physicians, specialists, all inpatient/ outpatient nursing
units, admitting, supervisors, and all health care team members
promoting successful communication that is patient centered.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with stress
relating to the changing organizational environment, personnel and
patient care issues.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary departments to facilitate
flow of patients in and out of the department in a timely
- Collaborates with the UBE to mentor and report on clinical
knowledge of current staff
- Serves as mentor and resource to all staff
- Participates in the assessment of staff performance, in
collaboration with the Director and or Manager, through
contribution to individual staff performance reviews.
- Ensure unit and staff are in compliance with Regulatory
- Assures inventory is performed on all specialty carts, and
- Ensures all real time documentation is complete and performs
all audits specific to clinical area, as indicated
- Attends 90% of the Team Leader team meetings.
- Attends 90% of unit based staff meetings. It is understood that
this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every
detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- BSN; OR other advance degree considered; OR current enrollment
in BSN program with completion within 1 year of hire into Team Lead
- Current Charge experience required with demonstrated leadership
- Minimum of 2 year's RN experience in Inpatient Obstetrics
- AHA BLS and ACLS required
- NRP required
- Documentation of AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Course or NCC EFM
- Department specific certification obtained within 6 months of
hire into Team Lead position
- Current MA RN License required FLSA Status:
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do
everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our
colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires
that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19
as a condition of employment. Learn more about this
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors,
technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a
difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make
us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth, Plymouth , RN-Team Leader- Birthplace (36/D/E), Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...