Registered Nurse, PACU
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Posted on: March 10, 2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives.Job
Type:RegularScheduled Hours:36Work Shift:Day (United States of
America)36 hpw, 9a-9:30p Flex, Mon-Sat with CallJob
Description:Schedule includes Monday-Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:30
p.m. FLEX, with Call. - -Saturday, Sunday, and Holiday on-call
schedule -includes -24-hr coverage. - -Duties/Responsibilities:
- Assesses physical, mental, psychological and spiritual status
of patient using age-appropriate knowledge.
- Plans, evaluates and supervises care of all patients
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal
rapport with preoperative and postoperative patients and family
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and
- Promotes patient knowledge and independence by identifying
expectations and establishing patient care goals. Educates patient,
friends and family to promote understanding of their condition,
surgical procedure, and medications using the teachback
- Assures quality of care by adhering to peri-operative and
peri-anesthesia standards, measuring health outcomes against
patient care goals, following hospital policies, the state nurse
practice act and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection
prevention policies and standards, medication reconciliation and
administration procedures and all controlled substance
- Accurately completes and documents assessments, medication
reconciliation, home medication list and patient care in ORM, PCS
- Ensures that preoperative testing requirements are met - lab
work, xray and medical/cardiac clearance.
- Communicates/investigates the presence of all implanted
electronic devices, and obtains primary source verification for
- Accurately, completes preoperative antibiotic medication orders
using Order Management for designated population.
- Ensures that all preoperative records/results are reviewed and
communicated to the attending MD, surgeon and/or anesthesia as
- Communicates effectively using SBAR for the handoff report,
when transferring care to another healthcare provider.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through formal
and informal educational programs and incorporates into
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by
- Models the Core Values - Integrity, Trust, Respect, Teamwork
- Assumes call coverage within 30 minutes travel time from
- Current Massachusetts RN -license
- 1-2 years recent PACU experience required
- Experience working with patients on drips and ventilators
- Current BLS, ACLS -and PALS certification required
- Demonstrated ability to float to PAT and Pain Clinic with
competencies completed.As with all job assignments, staff may be
-floated to areas where they are needed. -FLSA Status:Non-ExemptAs
a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do
everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our
colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires
that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19
as a condition of employment. about this requirement.More than
35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians,
therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in
patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even
stronger.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth, Plymouth , Registered Nurse, PACU, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...