RN, Med Surg
Company: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
* Practices according to entity mandatory requirements.
* Practices according to department expectations.
* Practices with a Customer Service approach to all activities.
* Cares for patients utilizing the nursing process.
* Provides care as part of the interdisciplinary team.
* Utilizes internal and external resources.
* Provides effective patient/family teaching.
* Documents according to entity/department guidelines.
* Administers medications safely.
* Provides care according to best practice standards of care in
* Identifies signs and symptoms of neglect/abuse and reports as
required by law.
* Cares for the terminally ill patient and family.
* Manages the patient with pain.
* Utilizes chemical and physical restraints as per policy.
* Utilizes techniques of time management effectively.
* Provides care respective of patient's advance directives.
* Maintains appropriate licenses, certifications, registrations to
perform duties of their designated role/positions.
* Addresses the age-specific needs of patients, specifically
adolescents, adults, geriatric adults.
* Performs skills safely and according to specific
* Manages patients with chest drainage devices.
* Manages patients with Intravenous Therapy.
* Uses Electronic Medical Record appropriately and accurately.
* Manages patients receiving epidural analgesia.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skill in administration and assessment
of patient response to cardiac medications.
* Manages patients on telemetry monitoring.
* Responds appropriately in emergency/urgent situations.
* Provides care to post-operative patients.
* Cares for patients with orthopedic diagnoses.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure in the Commonwealth of
* Maintains BLS certification.
* Successful completion of Medical/Surgical IV Medication Module
within 3 months of hire.
* Successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia exam, before hire.
* Bi-Pap Competency within 3 months of hire and then yearly for RNs
caring for patients requiring Bi-Pap (MS1 RNs only)
Keywords: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc., Plymouth , RN, Med Surg, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!