Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Psych
Company: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
* Responds to psychiatric emergencies utilizing training in
management of aggressive behaviors. Demonstrates skills and takes
initiative in preventing situations from escalating by recognizing
potential at-risk situations and de-escalating patients.
* Provides psychoeducational and medication instruction(s) to
patients and families, documenting appropriately. Acts as patient
advocate and informs patients and families of available community
and government resources.
* Establishes and maintains good rapport and working relationships
with colleagues in various settings in order to foster the
communication necessary for the delivery of quality patient care.
Serves as a psychiatric clinical resource and acts as a liaison
between other programs and providers.
* Participates in quality improvement initiatives, utilization
management activities, clinical and administrative staff meetings,
and assigned committees. Participates in training and development
activities for the purpose of professional growth and skill
* Assess and manages behavioral health patients.
* Provides a leadership role in behavioral health-related
emergencies in the EC and inpatient hospital setting.
* Providing psychiatric consultative services to inpatients at Cape
Cod Hospital in conjunction with the Psychiatry Department.
* Develops and manages a narcotic addiction program to better
identify and treat patients in our community with issues of chronic
* Follows clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
* Maintains patient rights and confidentiality.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family
members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that
reflects Cape Cod Hospital's commitment to CARES: compassion,
accountability, respect, excellence and service.
* Must be a graduate of a 2-year graduate level program approved by
the AMA Board of Approval and Certification PA Programs. Physician
Assistant is preferred to be Board Certified by the National
Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or Nurse
Practitioner with Massachusetts Nursing License.
* U.S. Department of Justice and Massachusetts Controlled Substance
DEA Registration Certificates are required for prescribing
* Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training within 3 months of
* Master's Degree.
* One to two years of experience.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Advanced diagnostic skills.
* Ability to clearly summarize pertinent clinical information.
* Case management skills.
* Crisis intervention skills.
* Thorough knowledge of psychopharmacology.
* Knowledge of addictive disease assessment and treatment.
Keywords: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc., Plymouth , Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Psych, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!