Urgent Care Rad Technologist (Per Diem)
Company: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
* Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures operating
radiographic and other equipment/devices as appropriate.
* moves x-ray equipment into specified position and adjust
equipment controls to set exposure factors.
* process radiographs as applicable.
* Positions patient on examination table and adjusts immobilization
devices as required to obtain optimum views of specified area of
the body requested by physician as determined by department policy
* Receive and review requests for radiological studies. Provide
explanation of procedures and answer pertinent questions of
patients to reduce anxieties and obtain cooperation.
* Triage and evaluate patients, obtain major complaints and brief
medical history when necessary and take vital signs with complete
chart documentation (including name, medical record #, allergies,
current medications with routine update with each visit).
* Assist with decontamination, cleaning and preparation of exam
rooms as needed
* Stock area daily
* Inventories and requisitions supplies
* May assist in patient registration, intake and answering phone
calls at the center.
* Assumes care for physical and psychological needs of patients
during examinations and procedures to insure safety and comfort
while preparing for and while undergoing radiographic
* Applies principles of radiographic protection using beam
restriction devices, patient shielding skills, and knowledge of
applicable exposure factors, to minimize radiation to patients and
* Coordinate work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency
using and/or modifying established procedures, to assure timely
completion of work in conformance with department policies and
* Evaluates radiographs for technical quality.
* Maintain adequate radiology records and label all radiographs to
assure proper identification.
* Assist physician with administration of radiographic contrast
media or its direct administration if trained and sanctioned by the
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of departmental and Hospital
policies and Procedures as they pertain to the job, including the
fire and disaster plans. Comply with Infection Control policies and
* Participates in activities which promote professional self-growth
and development; meeting minimum requirements for continuing
education as directed by the American Registry of Radiological
Technologists and Massachusetts State Licensing.
Maintain an ethical relationship with patients, physicians,
personnel and guests and insures patient confidentiality at all
* High school graduate or equivalent;
* Graduate of Committee of Allied Health Education and
Accreditation (AMA) Accredited Radiography Program, or
* Valid Massachusetts State License
* Current BLS certification
Keywords: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc., Plymouth , Urgent Care Rad Technologist (Per Diem), Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!