LPN/RN - Residential
Company: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:$28.00+ per hourChoose your own schedule 16-40 hrs.
Multiple schedules available in Kingston, Plympton and Carver
$10,000 New Hire sign on when hired at BAMSI for all Full Time
Nurse Manager/Lead Nurse Coordinator positions$5,000New Hire sign
on when hired at BAMSI for all regular Full Time LPN and RN
positions 30+ hours$2,500 New Hire sign on when hired at BAMSI for
all regular Part Time LPN and RN positions 16-29 hours!
Weekend shifts worked are paid at a $2 differential.
BAMSI. Essential employees doing exceptional work.BAMSI is now
hiring LPNs and RNs for programs throughout Massachusetts. This is
the perfect job for nurses who wish to truly know their patients
and provide holistic health. Our nurses work with a team of caring
and talented employees, providing medical care and fostering a
social environment.Join BAMSI, where employees turn houses into
homes. We are looking to expand our family, a team of dedicated
human service and healthcare professionals who support individuals
with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities,
acquired brain injuries, and medical complexities in their homes.
Nurses will provide and coordinate medical care, assist with
activities of daily living, foster community connections, and
individuals with developing and maintaining meaningful
- Tuition assistance and paid CEUs
- Career advancement
- 403B plan with discretionary match
- Flexible work schedules
- Immediate access to your pay
- Generous paid time off
- Health/dental insurance, wellness activities, and
- Massachusetts nursing license
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Able to lift, push and pull 25 pounds
Go to www.bamsi.org to apply. BAMSI will respond to all applicants
within two business days.
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 by their start
date. Details related to demonstrating compliance with this
requirement will be provided to candidates who have been selected
- The desire to work in a community setting with individuals who
have complex medical needs, developmental disabilities, acquired
brain injury, and or mental health issues.
- Administer medications and treatments following the Department
of Public Health's Medication Administration Program (MAP) policies
and other funder regulations.
- Complete daily written notes, data tracking, and skilled
- Follow medical protocols, treatment plans and medication
treatment plans. Communicate health changes in a timely
- Utilize Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) practices to create a
thoughtful and supportive work environment by ensuring activities,
plans and routines reflect the preferences, needs and goals of
- Ensure skilled care is provided in a way that promotes growth,
dignity and independence. Provide physical support, assistance with
lifting and transferring individuals served who have physical
challenges as needed.
- The ability to work with a direct care and supervisory team to
ensure the health status of individuals.
- Provide oversight of meals ensuring food and meals are prepared
properly. Train staff on meal preparations and specialized feeding
protocols as needed.
- Provide ADL care, transportation, and community outings as
- Provide shift report.
- Assist with the maintenance of medication books, house log
books, etc. to ensure program compliance with all regulations.
- Ensure medications, medical and safety supplies are ordered and
available as needed.
- Follow admission and discharge requirements for hospitalized
- Provide training to both staff and individuals served in
relevant areas (e.g., health, hygiene, safety, diet, etc.).
- Provide holiday coverage on a rotating basis.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Provide coverage at day habilitation programs or other
residential programs as needed.
- Ensure safety standards and infection control protocols are
- Perform other related duties as needed or as assigned by
supervisor or designee.Qualifications:
- Possession of Massachusetts license as a nurse
- Knowledge of the theories, methods, procedures and practices of
nursing care and physical rehabilitation as applicable to community
- 2 years experience working with individuals with acquired brain
injury or similar disabilities preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license in state of residence and
3 years of driving experience.
- Basic computer literacy, including the ability to record data,
use electronic time and attendance software and receive and send
email, is required.
- Ability to lift, pull/push, transfer, maneuver and reposition
- Ability to reach, bend, stand, sit, and walk; perform fine
motor activitiesEEO: We at BAMSI appreciate your interest and
consideration of roles in our organization. BAMSI is an equal
opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity
in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, age, marital status, family
responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran
or military status and regardless of whether the qualified
applicants are individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm Reasonable Accommodations
for Applying/Recruitment Reasonable accommodations are adjustments
made to remove workplace obstacles for qualified individuals with
disabilities to apply for and perform their jobs. Applicants who
qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, may
be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in BAMSI's application
and selection process. A request for an accommodation will not
affect opportunities for employment within BAMSI. Arrangements can
be made if you have a disability that requires an accommodation for
completing an application form, interviewing or any part of the
employment process. Requesting accommodations, in writing or
verbally, can be initiated by a BAMSI employee, qualified
applicant, or by someone acting on that person's behalf. Either
call 508-484-7171 or, send letter to Talent Acquisition, 15
Christy's Dr Brockton, MA 02301. Note: please do not use these
contacts to follow-up on job inquiries.
Keywords: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc., Plymouth , LPN/RN - Residential, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!