Posted on: June 21, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Nurse Educator will support the company in the planning,
development, implementation and evaluation of education programs to
promote the development of staff. Support nursing orientations,
nursing continuing education, patient-focused care classes and
programs required by regulatory agencies for caregivers as well as
perform initial assessments of nursing staff and individual plans
for orientation. Provides health related education to detention
(custody staff) as required by contract and accreditation
standards. As a team member, you will play an important role by
collaborating with others and contributing toward our mission and
This position is primarily second shift but the candidate must be
free to work other shifts periodically as needed.
Education for Nurse Educator:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
Experience for Nurse Educator:
- Five (5) or more years correctional healthcare experience
- Knowledge of program development and adult learning
Licenses/Certifications for Nurse Educator:
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse within the state
- Current CPR CertificationResponsibilities
- Ensuring all on-the-job training is consistent with The Company
Solutions guidelines established
- Ensure that site trainers/preceptors have the knowledge, tools,
and attitude to effectively train staff
- Acting as both a formal and informal consultant, assisting with
the integration of new learning into nursing practice and serving
as a resource by assisting nurses in identifying problems,
identifying available internal and external educational resources,
and selecting educational options
- Working with the Operations team in identifying changes that
should be made in the nursing practice and facilitating the
initiation of, adoption of, and adaption to change. Strives for
excellence in patient care by self-monitoring and, as necessary, to
ensure the safety and well-being of the patient. Identifies
existing and potential problems and takes effective actions.
Develops and maintains an awareness of needed improvements in
patient care, procedures, equipment and supplies and makes
- Assumes individual accountability for own conduct and
maintenance of professional attitude and appearance
- Participates in nursing activities in corrections, which
promote growth and development of nursing and/or patient care
- Approaches change in a positive manner, motivate staff to work
as a team, accept constructive criticism and learn from it.
- Maintain confidentiality personnel records
- Maintains composure in stressful situations
- Use effective problem solving techniques
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Plymouth , Nurse Educator, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!