Clinic Nurse (Plymouth)
Company: The Vascular Care Group
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Overview:This role is generally responsible for assisting
physician leadership with patient care and serves as a patient
advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative
environment among all providers. The Clinic Nurse will work with
other nursing staff to assure quality service for patients and will
always act within scope of practice and under the authority of the
physician leadership. This role will perform all responsibilities
and duties within the limits established by the physician staff and
consistent with the statutes of the Massachusetts Board of
Nursing.This role will report to the Lead Clinic Nurse for clinical
matters and to the Office Manager for operational matters.The role
is non-exempt.The Vascular Care Group requires all employees to be
fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless provided with a religious
or medical exemption.Responsibilities:Responsibilities in clinic,
in regards to direct patient care, will include, but are not
- Oversee patient experience while patient in clinic.
- Advocate for optimal patient care; make recommendations as
- Provide patient and caregivers with education on patient's
care, treatment and future prevention.
- Administer wound care per MD/NP orders.
- Ensure medical records are comprehensive, accurate and follow
- Assess vital signs, use clinical judgement and nursing
- Provide MD/NP with pertinent information needed for visit.
Assure any diagnostic testing and/or medical records available for
provider as needed.
- Regulate flow of patients as they enter clinic until they are
discharged. Ensure patient safety.
- Assist patient with transfers using appropriate ergonomics and
- Communicate with patient's care team; VNA, outside providers,
supply companies, etc.
- Order needed supplies for patient; wound care supplies,
pneumatic pumps, stockings.Responsibilities for daily operations of
- Ensure care team is prepared prior to patient arrival. Review
chart, have appropriate supplies ready for MD/NP to provide optimal
- Oversee appropriate infection control practices; handwashing,
donning appropriate PPE, disinfecting of equipment and sterilizing
tools between each patient per CDC recommendations.
- Disinfect exam rooms between each patient.
- Ensure exam rooms are stocked with necessary supplies.
- Return phone calls in timely manner; to patients, providers,
supply companies, etc. Complete necessary documentation of phone
- Ensure safety standards are maintained throughout the
- Maintain patient logs; Tissue applications, procedure
- Ensure future surgical patients are prepared; diagnostic
testing completed and in chart, education complete, Pre-Op notes
complete for providers at least 72 hours from procedure.
- Ensure timely follow up on any tests ordered; labs, wound
cultures, biopsy results, radiology results.
- Ensure MD/NP aware of results and that they are available for
- Complete ad hoc projects as neededRequirements:
- Minimum of ADN/LPN. BSN preferred.
- Current license, in good standing, as RN/LPN/MA in
- Current BLS/CPR certification.
- Wound care and vascular surgery experience preferred.
- Able to work as member of team and work collaboratively with
- Willing to be available for local and/or regional assignments
- Must feel optimal patient experience and customer service is
Keywords: The Vascular Care Group, Plymouth , Clinic Nurse (Plymouth), Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!