Posted on: June 19, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Activity Therapist provides individual and group activities
that facilitates recovery.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in activity therapy, therapeutic
recreation, or related field.
- Experience providing services to a mentally ill population
- None required.Responsibilities
- Plan activities that promote recovery and skills
- Provision of a program of activities for patients to include,
but not limited to the following: Skills Groups: Individual or
group activities that promote the development of skills, promote
the ability to interact in a group setting, and provide the patient
with self-esteem through a sense of accomplishment. Socialization
Groups: Opportunity to participate in group recreational activities
to promote social skill. Community Meeting: To encourage patient
participation and active involvement in group problem solving.
Education/Recreational groups (e.g., "Life Skills", "Current
Events", "Crafts"). Engagement in unstructured recreational
activities (e.g., board games). Engagement of patient in
conversation to promote interpersonal communication. Opportunity
for individual and group physical exercise activities.
- Monitoring and documentation of patients' involvement in
activities. Specific duties include the following: Regular
monitoring of patient's program involvement. Monitoring of
patient's condition. Provide individual activities for patients
unable to cope with the group activities. Document patient
involvement in activity therapy using progress notes in the
patient's health record.
- Compliance with employee standards of The Company Solutions, as
well as applicable employee standards of the Facility. Compliance
includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working
environment and personal appearance consistent with professional
responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationship,
and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Plymouth , Activity Therapist, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!