Medical Technician-Training Available!
Company: Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionOphthalmic Consultants of Boston (OCB) was
established in 1969 to offer patients the highest quality eye care
and laser/surgical treatment. OCB recently joined forces with Eye
Health Services to become the premier eye care provider in the
region with nineteen practice locations in the greater Boston area
and Cape Cod. In addition, OCB has five affiliated surgery and
laser centers. OCB and its affiliates employ 700+ employees. The
staff of 75 ophthalmologists uses the most advanced diagnostic,
laser and surgical techniques available and their level of care has
earned Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston a national and
international reputation for excellence.
Are you a team player, energized by superb patient care and
impressed by efficient operations of a world-class health care
provider? Would you like a career that will fuel your passion and
career growth? Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston (OCB) is seeking
Ophthalmic Technicians to work in our Plymouth, Wareham, Falmouth,
Sandwich, and Yarmouth offices. Travel to three of these locations
is required. An Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for gathering
important patient medical history; performing visual screening and
diagnostic testing prior to ophthalmologist's visit with patient.
The technician will ensure that exam rooms are cleaned between
patients, including sanitizing equipment.Typical Physical
Demands:Requires prolonged standing, walking, some bending,
stooping, and stretching. Requires excellent communication skills
and a keen understanding of patients with sensory impairment. Must
be able to express a caring attitude while performing the tasks
required with accuracy and efficiency. Requires normal range of
hearing and eyesight to perform necessary testing and reporting of
- High school diploma or GED
- Covid Vaccine; must provide Vaccination card prior to
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- Desire to learn diagnostic and machinery.
- Availability to work 7:30-1pm on Saturday rotation 5-6 times
per yearBenefits Offered:
- Health & Dental Insurance- eligible 1st Day of Employment
- Paid time off and Paid Holidays
- Health & Dependent Reimbursement Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with Company Contribution
- Co. paid Life and LTD Insurance
- Employee DiscountsTo find out more about OCB, please visit our
website at www.eyeboston.com. OCB is an Equal Opportunity
EmployerPowered by JazzHRP2zGtbpcia
Keywords: Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, Plymouth , Medical Technician-Training Available!, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!