Posted on: January 16, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Activity Therapist provides activity therapy services at the
direction of site supervisor. Maintains effective communication
with the Facility and The Company staff.
*Sign- On*$2,500.00Apply Today!
- Associate or bachelor's degree in activity therapy, therapeutic
recreation, or related field
- Experience providing services to a mentally ill population
and/or certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Current CPR certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) as required by
- Responsible to provide activity therapy services to patients in
the facility in accordance with the policies and procedures of both
The Company and the Facility, and be consistent with recognized
standards of activity Therapy.
- Responsible to provide activity therapy services under the
direction of supervisor.
- Make sure to interrelate and work effectively with other
Facility and The Company staff.
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations and limits of
confidentiality of patient information requirements of the
- Conduct MHP Segregation Rounds (at some facilities) as directed
- Provision of a program of activities for patients as assigned
by Supervisor to include, but not limited to the following: a. Task
Groups: Individual or group activities that promote the development
of basic skills, promote the ability to interact in a group
setting, and provide the patient with self-esteem through a sense
of accomplishment. b. Socialization Groups: Opportunity to
participate in group recreational activities to promote social
skills. c. Community Meeting: To encourage patient participation
and active involvement in group problem solving. d.
Education/Recreational groups (e.g., "Life Skills", "Current
Events", 'Crafts'). e. Engagement in unstructured recreational
activities (e.g., board games). f. Engagement of patient in
conversation to promote inter-personal communication. g.
Opportunity for individual and group physical exercise activities.
Availability of appropriate activities material (e.g., magazines,
puzzles, writing/drawing materials).
- Monitoring and documentation of patients' involvement in
activities. Specific duties include the following: a. Regular
monitoring of patient's program involvement. b. Monitoring of
patient's condition. This may include Segregation Rounds at some
facilities. Notification to a Qualified Mental Health Professional
of significant changes in functioning. c. Provide individual
activities for patients unable to cope with the group activities as
assigned. Document patient involvement in activity therapy using
progress notes in the patient's health record
- Participation in in-service sessions, staff meetings, and
treatment team meetings as scheduled by Supervisor.
- Notification to Supervisor in a timely manner of patient or
departmental problems requiring attention. Request additional
supervision when indicated.
- Notification to Supervisor when supply inventory requires
- Compliance with employee standards of The Company Solutions, as
well as applicable employee standards of the Facility. Compliance
includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working
environment and personal appearance consistent with professional
responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationship,
and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Plymouth , Activity Therapist, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!