Certified Surgical Technologist
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-plymouth
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Certified Surgical Technologist opening at Plymouths largest
Employer.Come be a part of a great community.
Full time, day shift, 40 hpw; 10-hr shifts (7a-5:30p); M-Sat with
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Integrity, Trust, Respect,
Teamwork and Excellence in all interactions and
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills in preparing for
- Prepares instruments, supplies and equipment to maintain a safe
and therapeutic environment for the patient.
- Incorporates personal integrity and surgical conscience into
all aspects of performance.
- Collaborates with the registered nurse and perioperative team
in order to implement the care plan for the patient's
- Collaborates in a positive manner with central sterilization
- Ensures environmental safety for patients and personnel by
wearing appropriate surgical attire and personal protective
equipment, anticipating the needs of the patient and the
perioperative team and maintaining aseptic technique.
- Actively participates in universal protocol and time out
processes according to policy.
- Initiates proper procedure for sponge, needle and instrument
- Ensures proper care and handling of specimens.
- Initiates proper procedure for care and handling of medications
on the sterile field.
- Ensures proper care, labelling and handling of equipment and
- Holds retractors or instruments, sponges or suctions operative
site, cuts suture material, connects drains to suction apparatus
and applies dressing material as directed by the surgeon
- Cleans and prepares instruments for decontamination and
- Assists other members of team with cleaning of surgical
- Assists in prepping room for the next patient
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills with Meditech and ORM
to print preference cards/schedules as needed.
- Serves as a preceptor/mentor to new operating room staff.
- Attends staff meetings, inservices and continuing education
opportunities to augment learning.
- Maintains patient's rights to privacy and confidentiality.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and
does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be
- Possesses organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient computer skills Meditech, ORM
- Ability to concentrate and prioritize in distracting
- Ability to work at an efficient and quick pace.
- Ability to work in surgical services environment.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Surgical Technologists.
- Certified Operating Room Technician.
- BLS Certification
Benefits May include:
- Paid vacation, sick time & holiday time
- Excellent Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- 403B with company match
- Basic Life Insurance provided at no cost
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition AssistancePart time benefits are prorated.
As the regions leading provider of high-quality healthcare, Beth
Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth (BID-Plymouth) is a 170-bed
acute care hospital serving more than 250,000 residents in Plymouth
and Barnstable counties. As a not-for-profit, we provide
comprehensive healthcare ranging from primary and preventive care
to specialty services. BID-Plymouth is part of the Beth Israel
Lahey Health system that is comprised of 13 hospitals in Eastern
As a health care organization, Beth Israel Deaconess Plymouth as
part of Beth Israel Lahey Health has a responsibility to do
everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our
colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be
vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-plymouth, Plymouth , Certified Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!