Site Medical Director Hourly
Posted on: January 3, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Plymouth, Massachusetts. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Our Medical Director is responsible for the clinical elements of
the entire program, including professional duties, and provides
direct care to patients and consultation to professional staff
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical School. Successful completion
of a Post-graduate training program in a Primary Care discipline
(Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, etc.).
- Seven (7) years professional experience providing primary care
with two (2) years at the administrative clinical level, assistant
director or its equivalent.
- Active and unencumbered license to practice medicine in
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Surgery,
Preventive Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as
defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards and policies and procedures
for admission, transfer, and utilization review process.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional
personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in evidence-based practices germane to
his/her clinical specialty and general familiarity with current
medical practices germane to the program.
- Supervises the continuous quality improvement program,
including patient grievances, sanitation, infection control,
utilization management, pharmacy and therapeutics and assists in
development of appropriate criteria.
- Serves as member of the Continuous Quality Improvement
Committee making recommendations to improve patient
- Reviews and approves the treatment protocols and clinical
policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison with health care providers in the
- Works with the Health Services Administrator to identify
problems and to recommend solutions to improve patient
- Assist the Health Services Administrator to monitor pharmacy
services including formulary compliance, prescribing patterns and
dispensing of medication.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: Wellpath, Plymouth , Site Medical Director Hourly, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!