Electronic Health Records Manager
Company: Nexus Family Healing
Posted on: April 2, 2021
The Electric Health Manager is responsible to coordinate,
develop, implement, and maintain changes to the electronic health
record (EHR). The position will also work closely with the
Continuous Quality Improvement, Finance, and Clinical Departments
to ensure that all individuals are adequately advised and trained
in the most efficient work procedures in utilizing the EHR as
updates and changes take place within the system Primary
- Oversight the effective building of reports from the EHR by the
- Coordinates, develops, tests, implements, and maintains all
upgrades to the electronic health record (EHR) to optimize the
functionality, operational efficiency, and use.
- Maintains proper documentation and record of all EHR system
upgrades and changes.
- Monitors and facilitates the security set-up, maintenance, and
registry setting maintenance in the EHR.
- Leads troubleshooting and coordination with the IT department
concerning issues related to the EHR System.
- Participates in managing the client health information and
medical records while administering computer information systems to
meet legal, ethical, and medical requirements.
- Assist with the planning, conducts, and documents security
standards with the electronic health record, including system
access and working with the agency's compliance officer to ensure
privacy and security standards are maintained.
- Facilitates the collaboration with departments to prepare
reports based on needs, prepares training materials and documents
- Effectively communicates the process changes, enhancements, and
modifications to management and staff. To ensure that issues and
solutions are understood and utilized in decision making and
- Participates in the EHR User Groups to learn more about the
product to guarantee the agency is functioning at the highest level
possible with the utilization of the record.
- Serves as the primary contact with vendor support and tracking
outstanding support tickets to ensure a quick and efficient
- Ensure timely and appropriate support for any EHR related
- Manage the schedule of training resources.
- Works in coordination with other projects to ensure that the
EHR will meet those projects' goals.
- Provides risk identification and mitigation as it relates to
the EHR system.
- Maintains a helpdesk ticketing system by assigning,
prioritizing, and timely completing the tickets.
- Remains current on all company policies, assigned trainings
and/or certification requirements. Supervisory Responsibility:
- As Assigned Other Duties:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice Travel:
- Occasional business travel to business offices or company
sponsored events may be required Required Education and Licensure
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management or related
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a
- Valid driver's license. Must meet state regulating agency and
company driving requirements. Preferred Education and Experience:
- Certification in EHR Technology strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in information technology and networks,
electronic health records, NetSmart/Evolv or similar platforms.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Nexus Family Healing, Plymouth , Electronic Health Records Manager, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!