Temporary L.P.N.-(new grad RNs welcome!) - Greater Plymouth Region Specialty Practices
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Department Description: The BIDHC Greater Plymouth Specialty
Float pool is a team that consists of LPNs or Nurses who deliver
requested coverage to Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare specialty
practices. The pool is designed to efficiently and cost-effectively
fill-in staff while maintaining extraordinary patient care.
Practices include: Plymouth, Pembroke, Sandwich and Duxbury.Job
Location: Plymouth, MAReq ID: 36413BRJob Summary: Reporting
directly to the Practice Manager and Director of Nursing, this
position is responsible for performing the duties of an office
Licensed Practical Nurse as well as acting as a clinical resource
for the unlicensed practice staff.Essential Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming calls from providers and patients.Triages
patient calls utilizing approved triage protocols and with
appropriate RN or provider clinical oversight. Documents clinical
information per policy.
- Performs duties related to assisting the physician in the care
of patients, including scheduling of tests; ordering of supplies,
equipment, films and scans; monitoring and following up test
results in collaboration with the provider and assisting with
in-office procedures. Performs vitals signs, EKGs and medication
administration, including injections as directed by the
- Facilitates urgent or routine appointments and manages
prescription refill requests. Responsible for care coordination and
discharge care calls and appointment scheduling. Answers patient
questions and exhibits strong telephone interviewing skills.
- Delegates tasks to unlicensed staff as needed. May lead
clinical huddles for unlicensed staff support.
- Assists support staff with issues or patient concerns that
require immediate attention or conflict resolution. Provides
training to unlicensed staff as needed. Continues to update
clinical knowledge and skills though consultation, the review of
literature and formal and informal education including
- Vocational or Technical training in Diploma in Nursing from a
professional accredited Practical Program required.
- License Licensed Practicing Nurse required., and Certificate 1
Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based
applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and
maintain databases.Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 1-3 years in a clinical setting, preferably primary
care. The ability to assume responsibility for the coordination of
patient care in an outpatient setting while working as part of a
team of both professional and non-professional staff.
- Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to respond in
stressful situations with a pleasant demeanor.Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to
improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas,
identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
stressful situations.Age based Competencies:Employees in this job
must be competent to provide patient care to the following age
groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years,
Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60
-.Physical Nature of the Job:Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds
of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move
around through the majority of their shift.
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Plymouth , Temporary L.P.N.-(new grad RNs welcome!) - Greater Plymouth Region Specialty Practices, Healthcare , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!