Posted on: April 24, 2018
Unit Description Sodexo Leisure is seeking an Chef Manager for Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth, MA. We are seeking to add a dynamic, energetic Chef Manager with a broad interest in food from historical cuisine to current trends to join our team. This historic venue features scratch cooking, sophisticated, contemporary cuisine, distinctive fare inspired by historical recipes & traditional regional offerings. This hands on Chef Manager will support the Executive Chef in supervising the kitchen team in executing events including tours & weddings ranging from 20-250 guests, as well as the daily retail operation and Thanksgiving Day dining for 2500+. As the working Chef Manager, you will need to have:
- Strong culinary skills along with the proven ability to organize large events
- Commissary production, multiple cooking techniques
- Ordering, inventory, managing costs, menu development
- Scratch cooking and ensuring HACCP compliance
- Knowledge of bread baking / wood burning ovens is also a plus. If you have a creative flair & a passion for guest experience, we want to speak with you! This position may also be about 20% travel outside the home unit, including trips to other areas of the country to assist other units during their busiest times. Visit Plimoth Plantation Plimoth Plantation is a Living History Museum that tells the story of the Colonial Pilgrims and the Native American who were present in Massachusetts when the colonists arrived. The museum is open every day from mid-March until the Sunday after Thanksgiving and offers retail dining during that time period and catering operations year-round. Catering events range from historical-based meals using colonial and native recipes and techniques, to gala weddings. This unit executes 55+ weddings per year. Position Summary Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location. Key Duties- Executes the culinary function.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Handles administrative functions. Qualifications & Requirements Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent Basic Management Experience - 1 year Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo, Plymouth, Chef Manager, Executive, Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!