MASAC Safety Director
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Why WellpathHere at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people our patients, our staff and our partners. We
are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing
to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our
talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment,
is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources
to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
Always Do The Right Thing!About this roleThe MASAC Safety Director
(Safety/Dir.) reports directly to the Facility Administrator with
oversight by the Regional VP. The Safety/Dir. is responsible for
the provision of an orderly, safe and secure environment for the
staff; the patient population and the public. This position
creates, implements and maintains comprehensive guidelines and
protocols for the operation of the Safety Department. This position
functions as a member of the senior management team interfacing
with and providing support for the Medical and Clinical mission of
the facility.What you bring to the tableEducation:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in
the behavioral sciences, criminal justice or related field
- Minimum of five years experience in healthcare or institutional
security, at least three years of which must have been in a
management or supervisory capacity (at a
- Valid Drivers licenseWhat you will do
- Plans, coordinates, and manages the safety staff to ensure a
safe, secure and therapeutic facility.
- Creates, implements and monitors day-to-day Safety protocols,
Policies & Procedures to ensure the smooth, effective and
responsive operation of the Safety Department (Dept.).
- Reviews Policies & Procedures on an annual basis to ensure
their continued effectiveness and submits recommendations for
modifications or new ones
- Ensures that corrective actions are taken on a timely basis
regarding any safety discrepancies, malfunctions, safety hazards or
security breaches discovered throughout the facility.
- Advises the Facility Administrator on all aspects of the
provision of the safety and security operations of the
- Works directly with the Clinical and Medical management team
members to ensure that the Safety work force provides continual
support and reinforcement for the therapeutic mission of the
- Develops and maintains effective lines of communications with
the Massachusetts Dept. of Corrections (MDOC) representative/s who
are providing the oversight of the facility.
- Interfaces with local, state and federal law enforcement as
well as other emergency service agencies on behalf of the Facility
Administrator regarding criminal related activity which occurs
within the facility and its secured compound or the need for other
emergency responses to the facility.
- Participates with upper management in strategic planning and
- Manages Safety Dept. related budgetary items (e.g. direct labor
costs; uniforms; supplies and equipment).
- Establishes monitors and maintains secure key control protocols
for all facility keys to include staff keys, restricted access
keys, vehicle keys, etc.
- Establishes and monitors safe, secure and efficient tool
control protocols within the facility
- Creates and manages safety and security related emergency
responses to ensure the continued safe and secure custody and
management of the patient population to address a wide range of
- Works with the RSC Shift Supervisors to ensure that all safety
duty posts throughout the facility are adequately staffed at all
- Sets priorities, makes decisions and takes necessary courses of
action based on multiple demands and available human, financial and
- Coordinates with appropriate departments, to include law
enforcement agencies, investigations involving employees, visitors,
patients, elopements/escapes, major disturbance, thefts, etc.
- Conducts on-going environmental inspections of grounds and
buildings and performs on-going reviews to ensure safety and
security procedures are effectively updated and maintained.
- Evaluates the performance of assigned personnel and completes a
written Performance Appraisals on a timely basis.
- Completes and submits subordinates performance improvement
reports within designated time frames.
- Follows up on all employees performance improvement
recommendations providing counseling, re-training and/or discipline
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the Corporate compliance
program and develops, disseminates, implements, and monitors
procedures to ensure compliance with relevant laws, standards, and
federal reimbursement guidelines.
- Participates in compliance auditing and monitoring as
- Cooperates in compliance-related investigations and
implementation of corrective actions to address non-compliance
- Personally adheres to Code of Conduct Standards; provides
ongoing support and ensures that subordinate staff adheres to
organizations Code of Conduct.
- Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to reports of
staff, patients, visitors and/or vendors misconduct or behavior
that could result in violation of laws, rules, regulations, and/or
facility policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available herehttps://wellpathcareers.com/
(https://wellpathcareers.com/#rewards)Compensation Range$106,700 -
$130,400 / yearQuick Apply
help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for
you!Job 23-133579Facility MASAC at Plymouth, MA DOCType
Full-TimeShift Day 8 hourRecruiter Nial LuuRecruiter : Email
Keywords: Wellpath, Plymouth , MASAC Safety Director, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!