Company: Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Director is responsible for growing the
ministry by praying, staffing, and funding the area through
theAdvancement Lanes: Ministry, Board, Donor, Talent and
International. The Director works in alignment withthe Regional
Vice President, staff, and board(s) to fulfill the FCA Vision,
pursue the FCA Mission, and livethe FCA Values by developing and
executing a ministry plan for the assigned area. In the FCA
SportsEnvironment(s), the Director creates a strategic, consistent
approach to discipleship -- making discipleswho make disciples. The
Director is accountable for ensuring that the FCA ministry is
conducted accordingto biblical standards and adhering to FCA
policies and procedures.MINISTERIAL DUTIESFCA believes these
responsibilities are critical to our mission and that this position
plays a vital role in our ministry. FCA expects all functions and
responsibilities outlined below to be carried out with a heart
surrendered to serving God as a form of worship.
- Agree with, and abide by, FCA's Christian Community
- Follow a spiritual rhythm including daily prayer and Bible
study to seek the Lord's will for the ministry of FCA.
- Lead, conduct and provide spiritual leadership for staff,
volunteers, coaches and athletes through prayer, Bible study,
worship and living by example so they are equipped to serve
- Be connected to and participate in a local church through
worship and weekly involvement.
- At all times, conduct yourself in a manner that affirms
biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA's Christian
beliefs. (see FCA's Christian Community Statement for
- Ensure FCA is engaging, equipping, and empowering coaches,
athletes, and volunteersthrough 1-on-1s, Huddles and events.
- Train and equip staff to empower coaches and athletes to be
disciples who make disciples inthe Sports Environments.TALENT
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, training and developing effective
and diverse staff.
- Recruit: Actively attract and recruit highly qualified staff
prospects to specific ministryopportunities identified in the
- Hire: Select candidates, ensure they become fully funded, and
onboard to fulfill specificroles and responsibilities based upon
their calling, character, competence and chemistry.
- Train: Provide tools, resources and training to develop staff
members' skills and increasetheir capacity and competence to
effectively execute their responsibilities.
- Develop: Prepare staff to lead self, lead others, lead teams
and lead organizationally intheir current roles and to grow
spiritually, personally and professionally for
- Ensure the recruiting, training, and developing of volunteers
is strategically aligned with the goal ofgrowing the ministry in
the Sports Environments.BOARD ADVANCEMENT
- Invite, involve, and invest in leadership boards who are
committed to pray, serve, and give toadvance the ministry.
- Encourage Representatives to surround themselves with Advisory
- Serve as the chief fundraiser and financial manager.
- Provide tools, resources, and training for FCA staff to fund
the ministry by connecting,communicating, and caring for
- Establish and execute an annual budget and funding plan by
training and developing staff ingrowing Home Teams, major donors,
and events.INTERNATIONAL ADVANCEMENT
- Serve the aligned International Region by mobilizing staff and
volunteers to pray, give, and go.At-Will EmployerThis position is
at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can
discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with
or without cause. The Position Description does not create a
contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or
representation. FCA can modify this Position Description at any
time. Additionally, it is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
Keywords: Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Plymouth , Area Director, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!