Booking Clerk, Pain Management (Per Diem)
Company: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
* Coordinates procedure rooms booking schedule with Pain Center
physicians into an organized strategically planned schedule.
Schedule cases in relations to organized knowledge of pain
management procedures and equipment requirements.
* Performs secretarial and other related duties to assist
administrative and medical staff.
* Verifies insurance coverage at time appointment is scheduled and
again at check in.
* Obtains, tracks and enters prior authorizations, referrals and
any other payor prior notification requirements.
* Schedules procedures in accordance with payor policies,
procedures and regulations. Follows up as needed on any outstanding
prior notification requirements and reschedules appointments as
* Obtains patient demographic and insurance information to set up
file, and any accompanying correspondence. Registers patients and
post Pain Management charges that include physician services,
procedures and other center services.
* Schedules patients for treatment and visits to the Pain
Management Center including appointments for providers, schedules
laboratory testing, diagnostic imaging, procedures, family
psychological and physical therapy conferences and referrals.
* Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides
information according to established policy. Processes incoming and
* Follows established hospital/department/unit policies,
procedures, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection
* Participates in collaborative practice meetings and PI
* Enters information into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
System in an accurate and timely manner.
* Accepts and process payments from patients, including but not
limited to co pays, deductibles and balance due, etc. Provides
receipts for payments received.
* Performs other related duties as requested/directed.
* Ability to read, write and communicate in English
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Successful completion of Medical Terminology course with a Grade
C or better, or successfully pass medical terminology challenge
exam with 80% or better
* 1 year current patient registration experience
* 1 year secretarial experience in a medical environment
* Keyboarding at 30 wpm
* Knowledge of third party billing
* Previous scheduling experience preferred
Keywords: Cape Cod Healthcare Inc., Plymouth , Booking Clerk, Pain Management (Per Diem), Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!