Company: Tower International, Inc.
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Provide strong leadership, direct and manage plant manufacturing
operations to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality,
productivity, and delivery to assure internal and external customer
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in the
performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct
reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective
action when situations dictate.
- Provide direction and leadership consistent with plant business
- Responsible for the productivity and--performance of the
- Responsible for overall coordination and communication of
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Direct and drive the utilization of problem solving methods for
related plant and customer problems / issues.
- Oversee plant-manning levels and assure compliance and
improvements to the budget.
- Provide plant input into quoting and business development
activities (ex. pricing, program management, plant capacity,
- Assign clear responsibilities for Environmental Health and Safety
(EHS) and hold all direct reports accountable for enforcement
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools
and materials to properly perform their roles safely and
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the
- Provide key input into the development of the Plant''s strategic
business plan and identify and track key measurable to support
plant business plan goals.
- Develop and drive the development of departmental strategy goals
and identify and track key measurable to support the department
- Represent the company during customer visits / surveys and during
meetings / presentations at customers location.
- Track, monitor, and implement required improvement activities
related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Develop and drive implementation of a progressive production
system and required operating procedures and work instructions to
improve plant performance metrics and meet or exceed customer
- Provide active leadership role in meeting / exceeding customer
expectations in all related areas i.e FAST Response etc. - Develop,
drive and support plant activities towards achieving customer
awards and Quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, ISO14001,
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Serve as driver and coordinator for plant productivity
improvements to achieve plant productivity goals and customer cost
- Directs, drives and establishes priorities for production
department continuous improvement activities and corrective
- Ensure accountability and discipline within the production
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized, and
to verify individual usage of personal protective equipment by the
entire work team.
- Comply and oversee compliance with all internal and OSHA required
safety procedures in the performance of daily activities.
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures (ex. Quality
Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc).
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a frequent
basis with the Materials, Quality, Plant & Corporate Engineering,
Maintenance, Tool/Die, and Human Resources Departments. Also
interfaces on an as needed basis with Information Technologies ,
Accounting and other corporate functions. May interface with
Customers and Suppliers on an as needed basis.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises Production
Superintendents and/or Production Supervisors.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in business related field, prefer
manufacturing, engineering or quality.
- Minimum five to seven years experience as a Superintendent or
Department Manager in a manufacturing environment with experience
in a metals environment preferred, or a combination of degree and
- Possess knowledge of plant department functions and corresponding
roles and interactions to facilitate overall plant synergy.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive operating techniques
into applications and results.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team effective problem solving
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in quality and environmental measurables such as TS
16949 and ISO 14001.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend,
lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to
moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Required Skills - Communicates operational goals/metrics, quality
alerts and customer related issues along with expectations and
results in these areas. - Ability to identify, select, train and
coach management talent. - Involved with--day to day interaction
and contract negotiations with Union Leadership.--Team focus
on--accountability, recognition, communication, transparency with
attention to--safety and--operational improvement.-- - Attends
regular management/Union meetings with General & HR Manager.
Appreciates and acquires deep knowledge of Union contract to enable
day to day operational decisions. Seeks counsel from HR Manager as
needed. - KPI driven operational style involving management and
corrective action with operational and other leading plant
indicators. - Constantly is looking for improvements in line,
operator efficiencies and waste elimination. - High personal
accountability with ownership mentality.-- - Acts as a change agent
as necessary. Non-stop focus on improving organizational
effectiveness and development. - Owns budget, forecast and related
financial data. - Ability to set stretch goals that are achievable.
Drives team with result focus and optimism. Required Experience
Bachelor's Degree in business related field, prefer manufacturing,
engineering or quality.
Minimum five to seven years experience as a Superintendent or
Department Manager in a manufacturing environment with experience
in Assembly/Robotics operations. Proven experience in driving
continuous improvement projects/activities that
demonstrated--significant improvement in KPI's or financial
indicators. Manufacturing leadership in a unionized environment
preferred. Experience in quality and environmental systems such as
TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
Keywords: Tower International, Inc., Plymouth , Operations Manager, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!