Development & Communications Director
Company: Minnesota Council on Foundations
Posted on: April 9, 2021
- Direct Reports: Philanthropy Associate, Communications
Associate Mission Statement:
Missions Inc. Programs provides a collaborative community and safe
space where people are empowered to heal and transform their lives.
Our vision is a world where every person realizes their worth and
lives with dignity; free from addiction and violence.
- Affirm Human Worth
- Foster Self-determination
- Value Diversity and Inclusion
- Seek Social Justice Position Summary: This is an exciting
opportunity for a seasoned professional interested in building a
sustainable fund-raising program for one of Minnesota's most valued
nonprofit organizations. By building a diversified funding base
through the acquisition of new donors as well as the solicitation
of major donors, you will ensure that the needs of the most
vulnerable members of our community are met. The leader we seek
will demonstrate a record of success in development and
communications, from strategy, to engaging and supporting staff and
volunteers in their fundraising roles, to rolling up their sleeves
to get the work done. The Development & Communications Director is
responsible for day-to-day fundraising and communication efforts
for Missions, Inc. They will work closely with the Executive
Director, Board of Directors, leadership staff and key volunteers
to secure funds for annual operations, special projects and lay the
groundwork for a successful capital campaign.-- They will lead the
strategy and implementation of the fundraising program, with an
emphasis on individual and institutional gifts for current
operations and efficient management of planned giving, in-kind
donations, events and public sector funding. The Director, together
with the Executive Director, will be the public face of Missions,
Inc. They are a member of the senior management team and oversee a
full-time development associate and communications associate.
Position Responsibilities: Donor Strategy, Relationship Management
- Create and implement annual fundraising and communication plans
and timeline to achieve revenue goals.
- Establish and steward relationships with individuals,
corporate, government entities, foundations and partners from
acquisition to solicitation.
- Work closely with senior leadership on fundraising needs for
special projects and campaigns. Donor Communication, Cultivation
- Create donor-facing communications to support fundraising
activities, including fact sheets, concept papers, presentations,
proposals and stewardship materials.
- Establish a regular communication to update and recognize donor
through print and digital media.
- Design and manage cultivation events (volunteer experiences,
facility tours, receptions, etc.) for individual donors. Department
Management and Reporting
- Oversee grants management process for state and county
government contracts in collaboration with Associate Director.
- Guide and support communications and philanthropy
- --Record, report and reconcile donor contributions, including
grant reports, in compliance with applicable state and federal
- Ensure timely donor receipts and acknowledgements. Position
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, nonprofit leadership,
communications, or related field. Skills and Knowledge
- Five years of demonstrated and quantifiable fundraising
experience; with emphasis on relationship cultivation and
solicitation of individuals/businesses.
- Demonstrated high level communications and interpersonal skills
and success in working in teams.
- Exceptional ability to cultivate a collaborative culture
through listening and receiving input from others.
- --Working knowledge of organizational and program planning and
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
and data base management.
- Experience with constituent management relationship
- Desire to be a front-line fundraiser and take Missions Inc. to
the next level of organizational and fundraising success.--
- Health care or human services organizations fundraising
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidences.
- Ability to speak publicly about the mission and services of
Missions, Inc. Other Requirements
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and goals of
- Experience with government grants and contracts preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills .
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks with
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Vehicle, valid driver's license and ability to drive required
for attendance at off-site meetings, presentations and events.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range: $83,000 - $88,000 depending on qualifications &
- Benefits: Individual health and dental coverage, HSA account,
403(b) retirement plan, life insurance, short and long-term
disability, PTO, and paid holidays Missions Inc. Programs is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. Qualified candidates should submit a cover
letter, writing sample and resume to HR@missionsinc.org . 800
Washington Avenue North, Suite 703, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Keywords: Minnesota Council on Foundations, Plymouth , Development & Communications Director, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!