Vice President of Operations
Company: Solutran, Inc
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating
game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking
populations by partnering with the nation's largest health plans,
employers, retailers, and government programs. We've established a
reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences
through best-in-class solutions used by millions. Solutran is
dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for
over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and
government programs supporting food insecure individuals. Position
Summary Solutran is looking for an engaging and passionate Vice
President of Operations to lead a diverse team of operations
professionals during the hypergrowth phase of our business. The
Vice President of Operations will be responsible for building out
an operations vision and strategy and executing to deliver
operational excellence as we continue to rapidly scale. This role
will manage a group of leaders and team members to deliver member
services, retailer operations, collateral fulfillment, transaction
settlement, implementations, ongoing operations, issue management,
and real-time monitoring. This position works closely with and
supports all business lines through all product life cycles. The
- Serving millions of members across our fastest growing products
with transformational healthcare and government payment
- Creating a best-in-class member experience
- Scaling operations to support a growing product line
- Grow new and diverse partnerships to support operations
- Lead a talented group of operational leaders and team members
The Right Candidate Will
- Listen to our clients and members and translate needs into
actionable next steps
- Feel comfortable navigating ambiguity and finding solutions to
new challenges that arise
- Obsess over the details and leave no stone unturned to resolve
- Drive continuous improvement across the organization Functional
- Member Services
- Retail Operations
- Payment Settlement
- Client Implementations and Ongoing S3 Operations
- Issue Management
- Data Analytics and Reporting Key Responsibilities
- Develop an EBT Operations vision and strategy to continue
delivering on operational excellence.
- Lead and Grow a Strong Team
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operations of
Solutran's operations with an emphasis on meeting client SLA's
including deadlines, quality of data, and overall system
- Provide on-going mentoring, development, and management support
with direct reports and others.
- Vendor Contracting and Management
- Establish and manage relationship with external partners
including call centers, IVR technology, collateral print partners,
retailers, and settlement partners.
- Assure service delivery meets and exceeds expectations.
- Proactively work issues through resolution in a timely
- Coordinate implementation of new projects with external
- Evaluate vendor processes to improve efficiencies and
- Lead Operational Processes for Client Implementations and
Manage to Client Expectations and SLAs
- Carefully listen to client needs.
- Collaborate with Product and Project teams to identify
operational requirements for new and existing client
- Manage to client expectations and SLA's and chart a course to
resolution for any situations where the company may be outside
expectations and SLA's.
- Demonstrate and build strong client relationships,
demonstrating exceptional people skills consistently both
internally and externally.
- Process Development, Process Controls, and Continuous
- Assess current process performance and identify key process
- Develop new processes to support expansion of product offerings
and address key gaps.
- Build best practices across operational processes.
- Build and refine process flow charts and implement process
- Contribute to product design changes to improve workflow,
customer experience and/or reduce overall cost.
- Daily Operations Management
- Oversee settlement processes across government, retail, and
electronic payments working with bank partners, Federal Reserve,
and other payment processors.
- Provide operational oversight for collateral (print material)
fulfillment and managing collateral inventory
- Manage technical support for files and configurations.
Research, troubleshoot and resolve issues as they occur.
- Collaborate and support Retail Management team efforts as
needed including equipment deployment, training, and ongoing
- Lead research, resolve issues, and drive process improvement
efforts with retail relationships as it relates to settlement,
store training, product availability, member experience and process
- Issue Resolution Management and Dashboard Monitoring
- Lead team performing general issue triaging, ticketing,
follow-up, and reporting.
- Collaborate with Solutran's business lines and departments to
build 24 x 7 monitoring tools for critical system and client
- Oversee product dashboard monitoring, investigating unusual
trends and implementing process improvements.
- Manage escalation, communication, and resolution of issues with
the appropriate parties including analysis of root cause and
implementation of process improvements and controls. An individual
in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential
duties and responsibilities described above. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent computer and technical skills with an ability to
grasp technical processes quickly.
- Flexibility and strong ability to prioritize.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and
- Ability to work as a team leader motivating, mentoring, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Education
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) and 7-10+ years related
experience. MBA preferred. Physical Demands While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit,
stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch
objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may
occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working Conditions
The position is an office-based position. Travel This position does
not require frequent travel. Other Duties Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. Language
Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
AAP/EEO All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local law. Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering
state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for
over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to
date, we've established a long-standing reputation for excellence
in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced
technology solutions. Solutran supports public sector government
programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support
for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the
country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3 ---
Solution Suite with the nation's largest retailers and leading
health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings--and
Healthy Benefits Plus --- programs. Solutran does not sponsor work
visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for
relocation, so candidates must be local. Solutran offers a very
comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves
on our continued growth and share in our successes through
individual bonuses and profit sharing. It is the policy of Solutran
to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. Solutran's goal is to increase representation of
women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal,
state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all
human resource actions including employment, compensation,
benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions
and social/recreational programs. Follow Us on LinkedIn Stay up to
date with the latest job postings and read about what's happening
at Solutran! Follow Contact Us Let us know how we can best meet
Keywords: Solutran, Inc, Plymouth , Vice President of Operations, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!