Director of Consulting, PSRQ
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Corporate Headquarters - Plymouth Meeting, PA Remote Type N/A
Position Type Full Time Master's degree required Salary Range
Undisclosed Travel Percentage 10% Job Shift Day Job Category
Undisclosed Description POSITION SUMMARY ECRI is looking for a
Director of Consulting, PSRQ to provide leadership in a matrix
environment for consulting and new business opportunities
undertaken by PSO or other PSRQ staff, leading the project team on
selected engagements, and developing structured approaches to
unstructured problems. Serve as a coach and mentor to consulting
staff, developing their capacity as senior consultants. Manage and
grow the consulting business line and oversee operations, sales and
marketing. This position is located in ECRI's headquarters in
Plymouth Meeting, PA. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations
Statement To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each
essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. Essential Functions Statements(s)
- Partner with other PSRQ leaders to develop new business
opportunities for consulting engagements or projects in patient
safety or healthcare quality.
- Participate in proposal development with other PSRQ leaders,
especially developing realistic and effective technical approaches
to meeting clients' safety or quality challenges.
- Create proposals for patient safety consulting to include
proposal creation and budget
- Request contract for accepted proposal and consultants when
- Secure consultants for proposals when needed
- Approve monthly invoices for proposals
- Monthly update operational dashboard for PSRQ consulting
- Develop and direct ad hoc teams on successful proposals,
serving as project manager on projects of strategic importance or
those requiring novel or untested approaches.
- Provide direction and coaching to project managers on smaller
- Work with the ECRI Associate Director of the PSO and other PSRQ
leaders to staff consulting engagements.
- Develop and maintain a database of safety/quality consultants
who can augment the skill sets of internal staff
- Additional department tasks as assigned. Qualifications
- Must have 10+ years' professional experience in healthcare.
Prior managerial/supervisory experience and experience as a
consultant to external organizations is required. Advanced degree
preferred (e.g., MS).
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a clinician (e.g.,
physician, nurse, allied health professional) in an acute care
environment. Clinical experience in a variety of settings (e.g.,
ICU, OR, Med/Surg, Inpatient Psychiatric) is a plus.
- Must be an expert in patient safety, healthcare quality, and/or
- Must have experience in project management, research, analysis,
writing and presentation.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and working
both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills with internal and external
- Ability to meet task deadlines and communicate well within the
department and company.
- Flexible, team player who can adjust to and work to improve
- Additional project management certifications/competencies are a
plus. Education: Master's degree or higher related to business,
healthcare, administration or similar field. Computer Skills:
Proficient with Microsoft Office 2007+ Computer proficiency with
Microsoft Office products, Word, SharePoint, Visio--, Power
Point--, and strong knowledge of Excel. Jira and Confluence
experience is a plus. PHYSICAL DEMANDS N (Not Applicable) Activity
is not applicable to this position. O (Occasionally) Position
requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day) F
(Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the
time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day) C (Constantly) Position requires this
activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day) Physical Demands
Stand O Lift/Carry Walk F 10 lbs. or less O Sit C 11-20 lbs. N
Manually Manipulate C 21-50 lbs. N Grasp O 51-100 lbs. N O Over 100
lbs. N Reach Above Shoulder N Speak C Push/Pull Climb N 12 lbs. or
less N N 13-25 lbs. N Squat or Kneel N 26-40 lbs. N N 41-100 lbs. N
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near) WORK ENVIRONMENT Equal Opportunity
Employer-Disability and Veteran
Keywords: ECRI, Plymouth , Director of Consulting, PSRQ, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!