Global Product Manager, Downstream TAVR
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Marketing United States - Minnesota - Plymouth Abbott is a
global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all
stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans
the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in
diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic
medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160
countries. Our business purpose is to restore health and improve
quality of life through the design and provision of device and
management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we
offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as
compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold
that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our
engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts
result in outcomes that advance the standard of care. WHAT YOU'LL
DO-- This position is globally responsible for serving as a key
contributor of the overall commercialization effort for assigned
product(s)/product lines that include the family of Advisor---
Advanced Mapping diagnostic catheters; providing guidance and
support on related product development activities (defining
requirements), market development activities, and collaboration
with global sales/marketing teams. This position has responsibility
for leading early phase product planning activities including
business justification, executing and managing implementation of
commercial strategies and development and execution of product
commercialization plans. The incumbent in this position will be
regarded as a deep technical expert related to assigned products
with broad knowledge of related fields.
- Developing full customer solutions in collaboration with the
Upstream Product Management team.
- Develops analysis around the competitive environment and
clearly defines product positioning, key issues, strategies, and
target audiences for assigned product(s)/product lines.
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues on integrated marketing
business plan deliverables for assigned programs.
- Partners with marketing colleagues to shape customer
requirements for related products.
- Serves as leader of physician product planning advisory board
for assigned product(s)/product lines.
- Works with marketing communications to support development of
launch materials, product literature, and any other collateral
material required to support sales and key marketing messages.
- Development and execution of the marketing plan.
- This includes definition of and segmentation of the market,
targeting and positioning, and all aspects of the marketing mix
(product, place/distribution, price, and integrated
- Develops product marketing bulletins on new and current
products. Provides communication to sales team on market released
- Conducts product overviews for physician and sales reps.
- Presents product and marketing plans to internal
- Drives market development activities through establishment of
best practices and development of tools to raise awareness of the
benefits of assigned product(s)/product lines.
- Builds strong relationships with global teams to ensure
successful launch of new sites / new products and collaborates to
ensure launch of new sales enablement tools and collaborate to
ensure launch of new sales enablement tools.
- Works with market research to collect all limited market
release survey data and shares results regularly with
- Builds strong relationships with leading KOL's around the
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains
positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all
levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors. EDUCATION
AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING-- Required--
- Minimum 3+ years' experience working in healthcare, life
sciences, or technology-based products.
- Experience working with complex product portfolios in the
medical device industry. Experience with strategic product planning
and commercial execution. Developed leadership skills/experience,
including the ability to map task interdependencies, prioritize
such tasks, and develop, monitor and live within budgets as well as
the demonstrated ability to forecast major milestones.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division
business unit model preferred. Ability to work in a highly matrixed
and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to leverage and/or
engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Understanding of both the technology and capabilities of the
Division's products, market and customer dynamics, and functional
operations across departments.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will exhibit: Positive
attitude, leadership, desire and ability to lead the organization
to ensure goals achievement, deep understanding of the complexities
of market and customer needs, ability to develop, rationalize, and
present strategy, strong analytical and computer skills, with
working knowledge of financial models, strong work ethic,
self-motivation, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, including internationally.--
- 2+ years minimum of marketing experience. WHAT WE OFFER---- At
Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs--
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match--
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities-- Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.-- Get tailored job recommendations
based on your interests. This position is globally responsible for
serving as a key contributor of the overall commercialization
effort for assigned product(s)/product lines that include the
family of Advisor--- Advanced Mapping... This position is globally
responsible for serving as a key contributor of the overall
commercialization effort for assigned EP catheter
product(s)/product lines; providing guidance and support on
- JOB ID: 30976101
- LOCATION United States - Minnesota - Plymouth
- DIVISION AVD Vascular
- TRAVEL Yes, 25 % of the Time
- MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE Not Applicable
- SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES Continuous sitting for prolonged
periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard
use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday) Our business
encompasses many different functions and capabilities, which allows
you to explore careers in various fields.-- GROWTH PLANNING Growth
Planning and Performance Excellence is an annual process through
which you'll be able to have open career discussions with your
manager to help you determine your own career path and future.
TRAINING & NETWORKS We provide a wide range of classroom and
e-learning courses to help you develop new skills and enhance your
career.-- WE'RE RECOGNIZED AROUND THE WORLD DOW JONES
SUSTAINABILITY INDEX BEST CORPORATE CITIZENS FORTUNE CHANGE
---------------------THE WORLD FORTUNE'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY We will notify you about relevant
positions, and keep you in mind whenever we have interesting
opportunities.-- Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our
workforce including Minorities, Women, Individuals with
Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Unless
otherwise specified, all product and service names appearing in
this Internet site are trademarks owned by or licensed to Abbott,
its subsidiaries or affiliates. No use of any Abbott trademark,
trade name, or trade dress in this site may be made without the
prior written authorization of Abbott, except to identify the
product or services of the company.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Plymouth , Global Product Manager, Downstream TAVR, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!