Dietary Manager - Assisted Living Facility
Company: Theracare INC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Dietary Manager - Assisted Living Facility
- Plymouth, IN 46563, USA
- Full-time Company Description Since 1964, Indiana families have
looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their
loved ones. In that time,--Miller's Health Systems has grown to
become Indiana's largest 100% employee-owned health care provider.
As operators of more--than 40 nursing care and senior living
properties across the state, MHS offers--a wide variety of
employment and professional growth opportunities. To learn more
about our company, visit us
at:--http://www.millersmerrymanor.com/about-us . Job Description
Are you a Certified Dietary Manager with knowledge of nutrition and
menu planning? Are you a friendly person who enjoys interacting
with others?--Are you committed to delivering great customer
service and someone who takes pride in their work? If so, have you
considered a career at Miller's as a Dietary Manager? As a Dietary
Manager at Miller's, you will lead a team to ensure--the proper
delivery of meals and nourishments at scheduled times. You adhere
to regulations and company policies regarding infection control and
sanitation of your work area. Apply if you are: -- Passionate about
-- Able to mentor and train others on skills related to food
-- Neat in appearance with professional--behavior
-- Have previous management experience and are a Certified Dietary
Manager Qualifications --General: 1. Successfully complete
pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful
employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training.
Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions. Essential
Functions: 1. Confer with Consultant Dietitian regarding menu
planning, therapeutic diets, and the nutritional care of
2. Prepare work schedules for the department.
3. Procure necessary food and supplies by using MMM approved
vendors and completing a weekly inventory.
4. Implement cleaning schedules and supervise sanitation and
housekeeping for the kitchen, dish room, food storage, and dining
5. Supervise the maintenance and repair of all dietary department
6. Complete initial and follow-up dietary assessments by reviewing
resident's medical history and conferring with nursing
7. Participate in resident care meetings such as health care
planning, safety, infection control, department head staff, wound
and weight, and premier dining.
8. Ensure resident safety through adherence to meal preparation
policies, food temperatures,infection control, and equipment
9. Review and revise as needed the job task lists for dietary
employees keeping them available for employees within the
10. Interviewing potential dietary employees, reviewing
qualifications, checking references, hiring, maintaining records of
tardies and absenteeism, and termination of employees.
11. Responsible for the orientation of new dietary employees and
supervising training for dietary employees as needed.
12. Complete an annual evaluation of each employee and for
reviewing said evaluations with the employee.--
13. Responsible for maintaining a harmonious working atmosphere,
for censuring employees who violate rules of conduct as outlined in
the Employee Handbook, or who fail to perform their job in an
acceptable manner or in other ways disrupt or fail to contribute
tot he fulfillment or goals and objectives of the dietary
14. Ensure dietary staff are following dietary policy and
procedures for food preparation, use of therapeutic spreadsheets,
meal times, premier dining standards, sanitation and infection
15. Maintain an up to date resident cardex to include current
physician diet order, food allergies, food preference and any other
16. Routinely confers with the facility Administrator, to keep
informed of any policy changes, contribute information toward
budget planning, and to keep the facility's Administrator aware of
functioning and--status of dietary employees, equipment, and
17. Interview new residents to obtain food preferences within 24
hours of admission.
18. Implement and maintain effective practices to control all
department cost centers, maintain food quality and maintain
19. Delegate task to assistant dietary manager or dietary employees
20. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise
21. Complete all--electronic inservices as required.
22. Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator. EXPOSURE
CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids,
or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
Additional Information All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines. Dietary Manager -
Assisted Living Facility
Keywords: Theracare INC, Plymouth , Dietary Manager - Assisted Living Facility, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!