Sr. Director, National Accounts IDN
Company: Emergent BioSolutions Inc
Posted on: February 21, 2021
By clicking the Accept button, you agree to us doing so.
Plymouth Meeting, PA, US, 19462 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Redwood
City, CA, US, 94065 Rockville, MD, US, 20850 Canton, MA, US, 02021
Baltimore (Bayview), MD, US, 21224 Lansing, MI, US, 48906
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
protect life. I. JOB SUMMARY This Senior Director, National
Accounts reports directly to the VP & GM, US Commercial. The
position is field-based and is responsible for managing a team of
National Account Directors. S/he will be responsible for developing
the strategy for Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), driving NARCAN
revenue and establishment of value-based healthcare partnerships.
The primary work will be partnering with IDN stakeholders to
educate and position NARCAN and to shape co prescribing programs to
include naloxone for patients prescribed opioids. S/he will lead
the external process and collaborate internal on all aspects
relating to contracting, medical policy, and access discussions at
the targeted IDNs. S/he will lead the team to drive successful
collaboration across Commercial, Government Affairs, and Medical
Affairs teams to successfully grow the IDN retail channel. Success
will be accomplished driving strong partnerships with a variety of
customers including Quality stakeholders, C and D-Suite
stakeholders, System Directors of Pharmacy, Directors of Pharmacy,
Clinical Pharmacists, Pain management Specialists, Emergency
Department specialists and outpatient clinics and physicians. This
person will bring strong leadership skills, a high degree of impact
and influence, excellent communication, and presentation skills.
This individual must possess the ability to navigate, influence,
and negotiate at the Medical Leadership C-level and demonstrate a
detailed understanding of this sophisticated marketplace by keeping
abreast of changes in the healthcare landscape and presenting its
impact to executive leadership. II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee operations within IDN retail channel and manage a team
of National Account Directors.
- Lead the strategy and collaboration with internal stakeholders
and select IDN accounts by establishing contracts, developing
medical policy, optimizing outcomes, increasing patient access to
- Lead the development and communication of value-based
healthcare solution strategy to increase NARCAN revenue in existing
and prospect IDNs.
- Actively research and select key strategic accounts; identify
account needs; generate strategic plans and propose tailored
solutions to drive the implementation of naloxone co prescribing
- Lead and manage cost benefit analysis to illustrate and measure
value to the IDNs.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship and build strong brand
awareness with key business executives and stakeholders: C and
D-Suite level administrators and Healthcare Providers.
- Communicate clearly the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly
initiatives to executive management; perform quarterly business
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and have an adaptive and
- Achieve fiscal year targets for units and net revenue.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Ensure the culture and values of Emergent Devices are upheld
within your team environment and when interacting with our
- Abides by all policies, procedures and protocols set forth by
Emergent. The above statements are intended to describe the nature
of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts
managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities
to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of
essential functions. III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent required. An Advanced degree is
- Ten or more years of experience in a pharmaceutical sales role,
- Five or more years of sales management within a pharma product
or device sales organization.
- Two or more years of experience with opioid antagonist or
related products and/or experience within substance abuse treatment
- Demonstrated experience working with field-based sales force
and managed care issues and trends, assessing product portfolio and
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the market impacting
- Demonstrates strong strategic and rigorous analytical agility
with the ability to understand complex business issues and
opportunities, while using sound judgment to set objectives and
direction to drive results.
- Excellent personal leadership skills with a proven track record
of delivering sales results and leading and indirectly leading
others to deliver and exceed sales results with a customer-centric
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to
effectively build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
and clearly articulate the company's vision and mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability
to present and articulate effectively to individuals on all
- High accountability for their actions and results and ability
to ensure a high level of commitment to the success of the
organization, your peers and customers.
- Ability to foster a culture of integrity, trust and
transparency with your colleagues and customers, ensuring that our
overarching purpose is realized.
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills.
- Extensive travel may be required, including overnights.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel). There are physical/mental demands and work
environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This
information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform all essential functions.
-- Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental
disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information
or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
-- Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
-- Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
submitting agency. ABOUT EMERGENT Protecting and Enhancing 1
billion lives by 2030 focuses our energy to improve the quality of
life for individuals around the world, giving them the opportunity
to experience the fullness of life. Our drive towards this vision
informs all of our actions-whether it is our approach to product
development, manufacturing, encouraging employee health and
wellness or giving back to the community-we strive every day to
achieve this shared goal. WE BELIEVE IN OUR VALUES
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
- We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support
- Break through thinking
- We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves
to constantly improve.
- Own it always
- Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for
delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions Inc, Plymouth , Sr. Director, National Accounts IDN, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!