HMI Engineering Manager
Company: Polaris Inc.
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Plymouth, MN (Bass Creek Corporate Office) Novi, MI At Polaris
Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and
innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments
and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile
working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create
incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think
Outside. Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for--an
Engineering Manager, HMI & IOT to build high quality products. This
is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected
rider solutions. As a highly influential leader--on the team, you
will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move
quickly. You will have the opportunity--to directly
impact--cellular connectivity, infotainment, and other software
projects--at Polaris. The ideal candidate is effective in a
fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best
practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus,
as there are many opportunities to ride! Responsibilities include
balancing multiple project priorities within a portfolio of
initiatives, managing resources and schedule, working closely with
program management and Development teams, and overall ensuring that
Polaris produces quality software as a regular occurrence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage global HMI and IOT engineers and build a world class HMI
and IOT team.
- Responsible for staff development and transfer of knowledge to
- Understand the current and future technical needs of the
various product groups, distill to a technical strategy, and
execute development activity to meet the vehicle needs.
- Tracks technology development trends and competitive product
development trends to help identify and anticipate future
opportunities and competitive threats.
- Coordinate and oversee engineering development, testing,
design, and validation efforts to ensure project objectives are met
per schedule and budget Resolve and implement corrective action on
field issues and warranty.
- Interview, hire, and recommend according to Polaris's project
and initiative roadmap for team expansion and growth, including
full time employees and contractors.
- Manage within project timelines and resources.
- Create plans and execute them for building best of breed
quality processes, especially automation as appropriate.
- Measure each team's and each individual developer's
productivity, track and provide updates with recommendations for
improvement, eliminating bottlenecks, etc.
- Drive individual and team training, productivity and process
improvements using Scrum development, LEAN practices, and external
- Own responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the project
lifecycle. Prepare monthly budget submissions, reports and
- Overall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the
- Lead or participate in Agile meetings such as daily scrum,
sprint review, retrospective review, etc.
- Willing to step up and take a lead for other activities as
required by our business.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS or above in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years previous experience working in the HMI development
- 5+ years with of applied Agile software development
- 3+ years as a manager responsible for managing HMI engineers
- 2+ years of HMI development experience based on QT.
- 5+ years of software development life cycle management
- Strong influence skills.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player that can work well across and up and down the
- Strong professional development and team building skills.
- Experience in Vehicle Infotainment software development.
- Familiar with the latest software technology in the automotive
- Experience with software program management
- Experience with Navigation software development
- Experience with Android OS for automotive industry.
- Experience with ASPICE or V-model software development
- Tier - 1 or Tier - 2 working experience for automotive
industry. WORKING CONDITIONS Standard office environment. Limited
travel required. Work at home until a COVID-19 return-to-work
policy is in place. Then onsite in Minneapolis, MN We are an
ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to
Think Outside.Apply today! About Polaris
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII)
pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and
services that have invited people to discover the joy of being
outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8
billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris
RANGER--, RZR-- and Polaris GENERAL--- side-by-side off-road
vehicles; Sportsman-- all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian
Motorcycle-- mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot--
moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats,
including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances
the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along
with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto
Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and
commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles.
Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100
countries across the globe. www.polaris.com EEO Statement
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status
with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local
commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected
by applicable law. Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time R4151 About Us At
Polaris, the need for diverse perspectives and experiences enables
our vision of Best People, Best Team. We value our differences and
align our passions to do great work. As a highly efficient growth
company, we are driven to be agile and adaptable to support our
customers. At Polaris we unite to create memorable adventures.
Learn more at
Keywords: Polaris Inc., Plymouth , HMI Engineering Manager, Executive , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!