Physical Therapist or PTA/Special Education Summer Program
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: April 2, 2021
PHYSICAL THERAPIST OR PTA/SPECIAL EDUCATION SUMMER PROGRAM
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted : March 24, 2021
- Starting Date: July 1, 2021 Enter your email to receive job
alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job
1. A Master's degree or higher from an accredited college or
2. Maintains a valid Massachusetts certification as a guidance
counselor which is age
appropriate for the particular assignment per regulations of the
Department of Education.
3. At least three (3) years of successful teaching experience is
preferred, but not required.
4. Proven ability to relate to a variety of constituencies,
including but not limited to:
administrators, parents, teachers, students, other school staff and
5. Possess good communication skills both verbal and written.
6. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned
7. A sense of humor and a proven ability to work in a polite and
friendly manner with all
staff members, students, and with the larger educational
8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the School
Department may find
appropriate and acceptable.
Building Principal, Director of Student Support Services, and/or
Heads as appropriate.
To address the academic, career and personal/social development of
through the delivery of a comprehensive developmental school
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
1. Registers students new to the school and orients them to school
2. Assists students in the course selection process and monitors
their progress regarding
academics, discipline and attendance.
3. Maintains student records and protects their
4. Collaborates with other educators, administrators, parents and
the community to support
5. Works to assist students in overcoming educational and
6. Works to prevent students from dropping out of school.
7. Arranges for tutors and summer school work as necessary.
8. Helps students evaluate career interests and choices.
9. Assists students in goal setting based on academic, career and
and monitors student transcript data.
TITLE: GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
Page 2 of 3
s:Job Descriptions\EAPC\AuxEducPersonnel\Guidance Counselor
10. Works with students, both individually and in groups, in the
solution of personal
problems related to home and family, health, education, and
11. Provides support and assistance to students and families as
they navigate crisis and
12. Convenes parent-teacher conferences when necessary.
13. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for
purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested
to do so under
14. Disseminates educational, occupational, and military
15. Assists students in making application to colleges and other
16. Makes recommendations to colleges for admission and financial
17. Counsels students in the areas of educational and career
18. Refers students to other schools, community agencies, or
professionals capable of
rendering services not available in the school or through the
school counseling program.
19. Interprets test results to students, parents, and teachers.
20. Supports team in development of and follows individual student
safety plans, IEP's,
504's, health care plans, etc.
21. Strives to participate in professional development
opportunities to remain current in the
22. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and
rules governing student life
and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of
and procedure, maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and
23. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as
24. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with
students, colleagues, and
parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress
25. Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other
related responsibilities as
may from time to time be assigned by the Principal, Director of
Student Support Services
and/or Guidance Department Heads as appropriate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being
performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required
of those in this classification.
- Position Type: Summer
- Positions Available: 2
- Job Categories : Special Education > PT Assistant
Special Education > Physical Therapist
Student Services > PT Assistant
Student Services > Physical Therapist
Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor
Equal Opportunity Employer Plymouth Public Schools is committed to
maintaining a work and learning environment free from
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age,
citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic
information or disability, as defined and required by state and
federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against
individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who
participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required Application
Questions There ARE NO application questions required FOR this job
posting. Contact Information
- Stacey Rogers , Assistant Superintendent Administration and
Instru The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or
display (each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the
service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are
or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your
submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content
or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the
use of the service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for
purposes of this section means social security or other
government-issued identification numbers, medical or health
information, account security information, individual financial
account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card
information, account passwords, individual credit and income
information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Plymouth , Physical Therapist or PTA/Special Education Summer Program, Education / Teaching , Plymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!